The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 04-07-2012, 05:03 PM

Change text but only using html

Hi

I'm using the 'Product HTML Code' alone as i have my webpage in dreamweaver and only want to use this feature.

However i'd like to change some of the text in the shopping cart ie.

"Australia Post Regular Parcels (2 days)" to "Australia Post - Registered"

and also add a line of text underneath.

I read through the knowledge base but i can't find anything on how to change the labels when using the 'Product Html Code' alone?

My page doesn't have the
<script type='text/javascript' src='http://app.ecwid.com/script.js?store_id'></script>

Any help please.

Thank-you.
Andrea

http://sydneycakesupplies.com.au/fabcuts.html

Last edited by Andrea Georgis; 04-07-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:35 AM

ok after reading.... i know which line i need to change! LOL

label for="gwt-uid-7

however, where do i change this? this is the line that contains

"Australia Post Regular Parcels (2 days)" and i need to change it to "Australia Post - Registered"
Old 04-09-2012, 07:28 AM

First, let me assure you that even if you use single product HTML code, its still has that <script…> line. So the methods of custom translation for it are the same, unless you need to change something that is already written literally inside that HTML code - in such case you only need to change that text in HTML code.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to change the names of the carrier calculated shipping methods (like the ones coming from Australia Post).

Carrier calculated shipping methods in Ecwid work like this: when a customer comes to checkout page with an order that requires shipping, Ecwid requests each carrier's site according to your settings to provide the rates for this order and customer's destination. Once the carrier site respond with the rates, Ecwid shows them without any changes. The method names are also a part of that information, so unfortunately it is not possible to change that.

If you would use the user-defined shipping methods, you could easily change their names the way you like.

If you would like to have a way to change the displayed names of carrier-calculated shipping, please, submit your idea to http://ideas.ecwid.com so we could consider implementing it in the future version of Ecwid.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:13 AM

thank-you Eugene.... oh that is such a shame, because even if i couldn't find a module or anyone with a solution for registered shipping i worked out that if i added $3.05 (which is the registered Post to the 'Fixed Rate' then this would add to the normal shipping and considering i'm only shipping out using Registered Post it would of worked perfectly.

The only other option is for me to add to that pop-up box saying 'all shipping is registered post' i'm guessing i could do that, however where? as the only code i have put in is for the use of the basket which is ....

"If you don't use Product Browser widget, you can add a single product widget to your webpage"

Thank-you once again .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Rimmer View Post
First, let me assure you that even if you use single product HTML code, its still has that <script…> line. So the methods of custom translation for it are the same, unless you need to change something that is already written literally inside that HTML code - in such case you only need to change that text in HTML code.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to change the names of the carrier calculated shipping methods (like the ones coming from Australia Post).

Carrier calculated shipping methods in Ecwid work like this: when a customer comes to checkout page with an order that requires shipping, Ecwid requests each carrier's site according to your settings to provide the rates for this order and customer's destination. Once the carrier site respond with the rates, Ecwid shows them without any changes. The method names are also a part of that information, so unfortunately it is not possible to change that.

If you would use the user-defined shipping methods, you could easily change their names the way you like.

If you would like to have a way to change the displayed names of carrier-calculated shipping, please, submit your idea to http://ideas.ecwid.com so we could consider implementing it in the future version of Ecwid.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.