The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 08-11-2017, 01:02 PM

Does Ecwid differentiate between services and physical products when using Automatic Taxes?

Hi, I'm considering selling services (which are not considered digital goods) through Ecwid. I'd like to know if Ecwid's Automatic Taxes differentiate between services and physical products when counting the taxes and if so, is the reverse charge mechanism notice included in the invoices/receipts that EU businesses receive?
Old 08-18-2017, 07:54 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello Niina,

It's Alex Flint from Ecwid Customer Care Team. Thanks for your question! I'm here to help you.

Quote:
I'd like to know if Ecwid's Automatic Taxes differentiate between services and physical products when counting the taxes
The Automatic Taxes feature calculates taxes for a product based on your and your customers location. The tax calculations are always up-to-date with your country and regional tax laws. However, automatic tax doesn't differentiate services and physical goods, therefore, if you want to set up different tax rates for different kinds of products in your store, we recommend that you set up manual tax rates in your store.

Manual tax rates can be set up in your Ecwid Control Panel > Settings > Taxes. The set up of manual rates is pretty easy and we also have an article on Manual Tax Setup in our Ecwid Help Portal.

Also, feel free to reach us out using the contact form ( https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) in case you face any difficulties.

Quote:
Is the reverse charge mechanism notice included in the invoices/receipts that EU businesses receive?
We have implemented the reverse charge feature for our EU users to comply with VAT Rules. It is possible to request your customers their VAT number at checkout for b2b sales. This feature can be enabled in your store in your Ecwid Control Panel > Settings > Taxes. If you want to learn more on the feature, please, refer to this article — https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...cwid#enableVAT

When this feature is enabled, your customer's VAT will be reflected on invoices in your store.

Also, if you want to add some additional notices to invoices in your store, it is possible to edit the invoice template in Settings > Invoice > Edit Template. We have a great article on How to Edit Your Invoices. The invoice template is written in HTML format. I understand, that not everybody have HTML skills, so here I found the HTML Tutorial at w3schools. Also we have an article, containing a list of variables/placeholders that may be helpful in editing the invoice template.

If you don't want to perform coding, we have two great applications that allow you to edit invoices in the visual editor:

PrintFantastic — allows you to use ready templates or customize your own one for your needs.
Printout Designer — the application for editing invoices, sales receipts, gift receipts and packing lists.

Also, if you think that you won't manage to edit the invoice yourself, you can use one of our Professional Services. They will do the editing of your invoice template for you and implement the needed changes. Feel free to schedule the professional help from Ecwid following the link I provided you with above.

Here are some useful links for you on the topic:

Taxes
How to set up EU value-added tax (VAT) in Ecwid
How to Edit Invoices

Hope I was helpful. If you have any questions — feel free to ask.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
taxes, vat