The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 07-04-2017, 01:30 PM

Any feedback would be appreciated - Still no sales

My store: www.mushmushshop.co.uk

I have had abandoned sales but no one has completed a sale. I emailed one of the potential customers to ask for feedback on their shopping experience and they said they didn't feel safe completing the transaction due to the lack of security.

Is there a way i can improve the security on my ecwid store to actually show my store is secure as it seems even a people are inputting their information there isn't any HTTPS security!

My website again: www.mushmushshop.co.uk

Many thanks in advance.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wayne Rice For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2017, 06:46 AM

HI Wayne,

Is there a reason you don't have SSL? My host, GoDaddy, provided the first year of the certificate for free, and I thought I read somewhere that Ecwid now provides SSL but I could be wrong. Have you talked to the folks at customer service chat about it? They're usually very responsive.

Your site looks terrific, and the writing is very good as well. I'm female, without much of a beard, thankfully, so not your target audience. Are you getting a lot of visits but no one is buying, or are you lacking visitors? I have a brick and mortar store and have sold a lot online through venues like eBay and Etsy but am just venturing out with my own site and am finding it very hard to get attention on the new site. Most of my sales are still coming through the more established channels. I'm just beginning to work with product feeds and the like. It's very hard to give input on why a site as good as yours would be lacking in sales without having more info, but if it truly is the security issue, that is a very easy fix. When I got my SSL certificate the https and a padlock started showing in the URL so people know it's secure. Plus they don't get bounced off the site to the starter site anymore.
The Following User Says Thank You to cvvrebuild For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2017, 12:32 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Rice View Post
My store: www.mushmushshop.co.uk

I have had abandoned sales but no one has completed a sale. I emailed one of the potential customers to ask for feedback on their shopping experience and they said they didn't feel safe completing the transaction due to the lack of security.

Is there a way i can improve the security on my ecwid store to actually show my store is secure as it seems even a people are inputting their information there isn't any HTTPS security!

My website again: www.mushmushshop.co.uk

Many thanks in advance.
Hello!

In Ecwid all data is transmitted through secured protocols (HTTPS), However, HTTPS is not seen in the browser address bar because Ecwid is embedded into your site and is used as a part of it. Some components of your site can be loaded through HTTPS, yet it doesn't make the whole site run under HTTPS.

So if you want to display HTTPS in your site URL and the secure padlock in the browser (in the browser window, not on site pages), you should obtain an SSL certificate for your domain as recommended in this article:https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...urity-in-Ecwid

You can purchase this certificate from any certificate authorities, for example: https://www.thesslstore.com/products...tificates.aspx But before you do so I suggest you consult with the web-hosting that runs your website on that as some hosting companies do not accept third-party certificates.

Also you can add secure seals (a secure icon telling visitors that the site is secured and trusted) to demonstrate that your checkout is secure: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...out-is-secure-

Hope this helps. If you have any questions, please let us know.
Ecwid Knowlegde Base
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daria L. For This Useful Post:
Давыдов Дмитрий (01-08-2018), rebecca lea (10-27-2017)
Old 07-17-2017, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria L. View Post
Hello!

In Ecwid all data is transmitted through secured protocols (HTTPS), However, HTTPS is not seen in the browser address bar because Ecwid is embedded into your site and is used as a part of it. Some components of your site can be loaded through HTTPS, yet it doesn't make the whole site run under HTTPS.
But Daria, before I got my SSL certificate, my customers were being bounced off my site to the starter site to check out. Is this what you mean about Ecwid transmitting through HTTPS? Because I think as a customer that is off-putting, and I think anyone not using the starter site as their main site should get a certificate to avoid that. Just my opinion.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:37 PM

[QUOTE=Daria L.;156917]Hello!

Hello,

Then i think this needs a huge re-think, maybe 5 years ago if you had a customer they would not even think about looking at the address bar, but today (because of online fraud) people are much more 'tech savvy' in that they know when putting their payment information into any thing on the internet and they do not see the green lock they arwe not safe.

The fact is ecwid does not offer the green lock when potential customers are inputting their personal information therefore they are not completing transactions.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:41 PM

Even google does not recognise ecwid as a safe payment gateway (according to google search my website). I'm not against ecwid as i'm a paid member but i must admit i'm seriously looking for safer alternatives at the moment.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvvrebuild View Post
But Daria, before I got my SSL certificate, my customers were being bounced off my site to the starter site to check out. Is this what you mean about Ecwid transmitting through HTTPS? Because I think as a customer that is off-putting, and I think anyone not using the starter site as their main site should get a certificate to avoid that. Just my opinion.
That's exactly what's happening on my purchases. How can they say its a secure purchase when they are taking the customer to a different website to make the final purchase. If i was that customer alarm bells would be ringing immediately.
Old 07-17-2017, 07:35 PM

I don't think Ecwid would have the ability to make your entire website secure, so the lock symbol wouldn't end up showing unless you get your own certificate anyway.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:02 AM

No im nnot asking for the entire website to be made secure, i understand the pages are my responsibility but i think the gateway security when the customer is inputting their name and address is surely the responsibility of ecwid?
Old 07-18-2017, 04:55 PM

Yes, and they do take that responsibility on, but that's why they're bouncing people to the other site - because that's the secure gateway. I'm no expert, and I don't work for Ecwid, but I'm pretty sure they can't put a secure gateway on your website if the website itself is not secure, so they send your customer to the one that is, which is your starter site. It's not going to show the padlock in the browser bar on your URL unless your whole site is secure, in my understanding, which you would have to do by getting a certificate. I did a quick check and found them as cheap as $5.99 for the first year and $37.00 thereafter, but I don't know if that's different in the UK. Like I said, I'm no expert. I was resistant because I thought it would be complicated and expensive but I had the certificate in 30 minutes and as I mentioned my host provided the first year free with my plan. Having the certificate improves your search ranking, as well. If you really don't want to get a certificate your other alternative is customizing the starter site to look as much as possible like your own site but there's no way to make it completely seamless.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cvvrebuild For This Useful Post:
Давыдов Дмитрий (01-08-2018), Stacy_P (07-19-2017)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.