The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 10-11-2012, 02:02 PM

Exclamation

Adding Notes to Printed Invoice/Changing Invoice

I was wondering, firstly, if it's possible to change the title of "INVOICE" (printed version) to "ORDER SUMMARY", as well as "Shipping Details" (both print and screen) to "Order Details"?

Secondly, I was wondering if it's possible to add a note to the invoice (preferably only the printed version but if we have to have it on screen too, that's fine). We want to include this copy somewhere on the invoice:

"NOTE - This is not an official invoice. This is for order confirmation only. All charges may not be shown here. An invoice will be sent to you when your order is completed."

Finally, I was wondering if it was possible to append the Purchase Order number (we only allow purchase orders) to the Invoice (print and screen)?

If anyone can be of help, it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:28 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
I was wondering, firstly, if it's possible to change the title of "INVOICE" (printed version) to "ORDER SUMMARY", as well as "Shipping Details" (both print and screen) to "Order Details"?
Yes, sure. It is possible to change this text in Ecwid using custom translation tool (please, refer to this article for details: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/22978888/...inmystorefront)

Quote:
Secondly, I was wondering if it's possible to add a note to the invoice (preferably only the printed version but if we have to have it on screen too, that's fine). We want to include this copy somewhere on the invoice:
Yes, it is possible to add custom note to the printed version of invoice. It also can be done using custom translation tool. You can add this text after "Thank you for order!" message.
In order to change all these text you should add following script in the source of the page, where Ecwid is installed
Code:
<script>
ecwidMessages = {
"OrderComponent.sh_details":"Order Details",
"PrintableInvoice.INVOICE":"ORDER SUMMARY",
"PrintableInvoice.thank_you":"Thank you for your order\! NOTE - This is not an official invoice. This is for order confirmation only. All charges may not be shown here. An invoice will be sent to you when your order is completed."
}
</script>
Quote:
Finally, I was wondering if it was possible to append the Purchase Order number (we only allow purchase orders) to the Invoice (print and screen)?
Please, refer to this post for details: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4635

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 10-12-2012, 08:28 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Yes, sure. It is possible to change this text in Ecwid using custom translation tool (please, refer to this article for details: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/22978888/...inmystorefront)

Quote:
Yes, it is possible to add custom note to the printed version of invoice. It also can be done using custom translation tool. You can add this text after "Thank you for order!" message.
In order to change all these text you should add following script in the source of the page, where Ecwid is installed
Code:
<script>
ecwidMessages = {
"OrderComponent.sh_details":"Order Details",
"PrintableInvoice.INVOICE":"ORDER SUMMARY",
"PrintableInvoice.thank_you":"Thank you for your order\! NOTE - This is not an official invoice. This is for order confirmation only. All charges may not be shown here. An invoice will be sent to you when your order is completed."
}
</script>
Quote:
Please, refer to this post for details: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4635

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
The Following User Says Thank You to Maya For This Useful Post:
HolidayPrint (10-16-2012)
Old 10-16-2012, 06:03 PM

Thank you, the messages worked perfectly.

But, unless I missed something, the link about the PO# essentially tells me it's not possible yet? Correct?
Old 10-17-2012, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolidayPrint View Post
Thank you, the messages worked perfectly.

But, unless I missed something, the link about the PO# essentially tells me it's not possible yet? Correct?
Correct. But I should also say that the feature to modify the order template (and that will let adding PO number to the template) has been added to the internal Ecwid Roadmap. So it will be definitely implemented in one of the future Ecwid version.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:46 PM

So, there is no work around, whatsoever?
Old 10-18-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolidayPrint View Post
So, there is no work around, whatsoever?
Unfortunately, no.

For the printable invoices, displayed in the admin area, you print the invoice to PDF using PDF printer and manually edit it with the PDF editor, like Adobe Acrobat. But this is a rather expensive way out, I should say.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:06 PM

Hello,

I've read this post to customize the word "Invoice" on the printable version sent to the customer, because it's not a legal invoice in Europe for VAT purposes.

This is the code added:

HTML Code:
<script>
ecwidMessages = {
"AddressBookItem.phone":"NIF",
"AddressForm.phone":"NIF",
"PrintableInvoice.thank_you":"Obrigado pela sua encomenda. A sua fatura será emitida com os dados que nos forneceu e enviada para si brevemente", 
"PrintableInvoice.INVOICE=INVOICE":"Encomenda"
};
</script>
Please check the attached file and the word I must change in order to avoid customers getting confused.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: png fatura.PNG (42.5 KB, 188 views)
Old 01-30-2013, 02:24 PM

Hello,

Any help anyone?

Invoices are still not correct, is there anything I should fix?

Thanks!
Old 01-31-2013, 11:21 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuno Nogueira View Post
Hello,

I've read this post to customize the word "Invoice" on the printable version sent to the customer, because it's not a legal invoice in Europe for VAT purposes.

This is the code added:

HTML Code:
<script>
ecwidMessages = {
"PrintableInvoice.thank_you":"Obrigado pela sua encomenda. A sua fatura será emitida com os dados que nos forneceu e enviada para si brevemente", 
"PrintableInvoice.INVOICE=INVOICE":"Encomenda"
};
</script>
Please check the attached file and the word I must change in order to avoid customers getting confused.

Thanks!

Hi,

I've checked your store at http://www.portal-gestao.com. You have inserted this code correctly, according to the translation instructions. But there's an error in one line for the 'invoice' label, that's why word 'invoice' remains unchanged:

"PrintableInvoice.INVOICE=INVOICE":"Encomenda" needs to be changed to "PrintableInvoice.INVOICE":"Encomenda"

So the code will be thus:
Code:
<script>
ecwidMessages = {
"PrintableInvoice.INVOICE":"Encomenda"
};
</script>
Once you update the code, it will alter 'Invoice' word to 'Encomenda'.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
invoice, notes, order summary