The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:26 PM

Question

Can I change the printed invoice labels to my language?

I have seen the following text in the forum

Quote:
If you want to translate Ecwid backend to a new language, please translate this file: ecwid-backend-labels-7x.txt and then send the translated file to us: bizdev@ecwid.com
However, I would like to know if I can make my own labels (only for printing invoices) and insert them myself (in order to speed it up)?
Old 07-30-2012, 09:25 AM

What exactly labels do you mean? Do you want to translate some existing Ecwid labels and add them to your store? Or do you mean creating some new labels?
Old 07-30-2012, 10:12 AM

My wish is to be able to print out invoices in my own language (Swedish). Is there a solution for this?
Old 07-30-2012, 10:59 AM

Do you mean the Invoice which your customers can print in the store front-end or the one you can print in control panel?

If you enable Swedish language for your store (Ecwid control panel → System Settings → General → Languages ), the printable invoice that your customer can print from your storefront after placing an order, will also be in Swedish. You can change the text for the printable invoices you customers get by means of the Ecwid Translate Tool.

But there is no way to have the invoice that you print from Ecwid control panel in Swedish at the moment, because we have no Swedish translation for Ecwid backend. It is not possible to add a translation for some part od the backend for just one Ecwid store. Backend translations are added globally, i.e. when such a translation is added, it can be applied to all Ecwid stores. If any Swedish-speaking customers could provide us with one, that would be great.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:22 PM

OK, I provided earlier Swedish translations to the previous version and I would be willing to do it once again. Please let me have the latest version of the text-file to do this.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:03 PM

Thank you, Christoffer.

To avoid any possible misunderstanding - do you mean the control panel translation, or the customer front-end?
Old 07-30-2012, 04:13 PM

I am not sure ... the only thing I am interested in with helping you is that the printed invoice should be in Swedish. The invoice is meant to be shown to the end customer.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:19 AM

Thank you for the clarification!

Actually, since you already have Swedish enabled in your store and it is set as the default language, the printable invoices for your customers will already be in Swedish, if the customer's browser settings have Swedish as primary language or if there are no appropriate enabled languages.

If you would like to change some text in the customer printable invoice, you are welcome to do it for your store with the help of the Ecwid Translate Tool. You can translate all the required label there, generate a script with the translated labels and apply it to your store, as described here
Old 07-31-2012, 09:48 AM

I can not get it to work.

I do the following and I still get English text (see yellow area in attached image):

1. I have Swedish as standard
2. Go to Sales in the Control Panel
3. Click on Print Invoice
4. See attached image - here is English text

Hope you can direct me on how to make this change.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ec_2b.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	1344  
Old 07-31-2012, 12:25 PM

The invoice you refer to is not a customer printable invoice in the customer back-end. It is a printable invoice in the admin backend.

There are two printable invoices: the one that your customers can print when the place an order (to see it, place a test order in your store and at the end of this procedure you will be offered to print the invoice), and the one you can print from your Ecwid control panel. The one on your screenshot is the invoice the store admin can print in the control panel. This is not what your customers see.

As I have mentioned in one of my previous messages, there is no way to have the invoice that you print from Ecwid control panel in Swedish at the moment, because there is no Swedish translation for Ecwid backend. Unfortunately, we cannot add just the admin printable invoice translation - the whole backend should be translated for that.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
invoice, language