The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 02-03-2012, 12:50 AM

How to hide subtotal label from invoice summary area

I have included a screen shot of the invoice summary area for our cart

I would like that subtotal line removed (hidden) as it is confusing for our customers. We have the tax included in the price of the product, but the subtotal line is showing it without the tax.

Also, we have the tax added to product and shipping, however in the summary it is showing the shipping cost with out the tax so when the customer is viewing the total at the bottom, it doesn't make sense.

We do not want to display the tax line as that defeats to purpose of including it in the product and shipping.

We can not manually add the taxes to the product and shipping as we have international customers that are not charged the tax.

Thank you for your help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UK-ecwid-shop-subtotal-line.PNG
Views:	193
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	1052  
Old 02-03-2012, 05:00 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapbook Coach View Post
I have included a screen shot of the invoice summary area for our cart

I would like that subtotal line removed (hidden) as it is confusing for our customers. We have the tax included in the price of the product, but the subtotal line is showing it without the tax.

Also, we have the tax added to product and shipping, however in the summary it is showing the shipping cost with out the tax so when the customer is viewing the total at the bottom, it doesn't make sense.

We do not want to display the tax line as that defeats to purpose of including it in the product and shipping.

We can not manually add the taxes to the product and shipping as we have international customers that are not charged the tax.

Thank you for your help.
In Ecwid, the tax calculation scheme can base on either the subtotal only or the sum of subtotal and shipping cost. In all cases, customers see the shipping cost without taxes included. When you set the 'Tax applies to' as 'Subtotal + Shipping', it means that the tax calculation will base on that sum. It doesn't mean that the shipping cost will be displayed including taxes. In this case a separate line ('Estimated tax') line is displayed in the cart totals.

Basically, the way how the cart totals are displayed is quite clear for customers - it displays the pure items cost, the shipping cost and the whole tax. On the other hand, I understand that if you want to hide the taxes everywhere in the store, it becomes inconvenient. As far as I can see, you've already hidden the tax line in your store with special CSS rules in your custom CSS theme. If you want to hide subtotal line as well, you can use this code:
Code:
table.ecwid-productBrowser-cart-subtotalAmountPanel {
  display: none;
}
You can also consider a workaround - include taxes in the shipping rates manually in your control panel (since you use user-defined methods, you can easily do it) and change the taxes calculation scheme (make them apply only to subtotal). This way the shipping cost will always be displayed including taxes.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 02-05-2012, 04:45 PM

Matvey,

Thank you for your reply.

I have opted to hardcode the tax into the shipping costs.

As for hiding the subtotal line, that code was exactly what I was looking for, and it worked great

Thank you so much.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
invoice summary, subtotal, tax