The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-25-2014, 06:15 PM

Store not visible on mobile device

Hiya,

My ecwid store isn't showing up on a mobile device. I have tried on several devices including an Iphone, a Samsung galaxy note 2 and a Samsung galaxy not 3.

My web address is: www.samanthas-boutique.co.uk

I have followed every step available to do the right thing! It works fine on a computer but doesn't show at all on mobile.

Which is very annoying as I am paying for my ecwid store and I know I will loose business.

Please help!
Old 07-01-2014, 10:10 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha Raven View Post
Hiya,

My ecwid store isn't showing up on a mobile device. I have tried on several devices including an Iphone, a Samsung galaxy note 2 and a Samsung galaxy not 3.

My web address is: www.samanthas-boutique.co.uk

I have followed every step available to do the right thing! It works fine on a computer but doesn't show at all on mobile.

Which is very annoying as I am paying for my ecwid store and I know I will loose business.

Please help!
Hello,

We are very sorry you have faced with this problem.

Ecwid supports responsive layout meaning one and the same storefront can adapt dynamically to the screens from which users are viewing it. More details can be found here: http://www.ecwid.com/blog/getting-re...

Ecwid store at http://www.samanthas-boutique.co.uk/ is shown from mobiles, the only thing you should open the site in 'web version'. When you open the site in a mobile browser, the site is automatically switched to a mobile view which is different from the web version and doesn't have Ecwid. It displays a link to the web view on the bottom. On clicking it you'll get the full version with Ecwid.

The issue relates to the specific function of the mobile view at 1and1 sites. Unfortunately when this view is activated, no applications (including Ecwid) are displayed once customer opens the site from a mobile device. 1and1 is aware of this issue and plans to change this system.

For now as a possible solution, you can disable the mobile view. It can be done in the control center of your website (not Ecwid). If you need help with it, please contact 1and1 support.

Your Ecwid storefront will still be available if viewed from mobile devices - you can use your starter site as a platform for mobile sales - https://store4969104.ecwid.com/. It's perfectly responsive and displayed in all devices. The Starter Site contains all your catalog, and customers can buy from there as usual.

You could put this link somewhere on your site, e.g, in the header, with a warning like "For mobile view visit this link".

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.