The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-27-2012, 01:32 PM

ECWID Add To Bag Button in a Wordpress Widget

How do I get the ECWID Add to Bag Button to sit inside a Wordpress widget as show on the page at the URL below?

http://www.test4asbestos/faqs

I have tried to add it to a widget but the "Add To Bag" button then appears behind the dropdown box.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:40 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

You can use single product widgets for such purposes:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/23947713/...eproductwidget

If you have any issue with placing products HTML codes on your site, please let us know your store page URL and detail the issue, we will look into it.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Ecwid For This Useful Post:
Test4Asbestos (07-02-2012)
Old 06-29-2012, 02:09 PM

Hi, I have already pasted the code into my webpage but the add to bag button forces the select an option drop down box to be justified left instead of beneath the product image, description, price and add to bag.
I really need help with the formatting to get all items to sit beneath one another.
Thanks

also, is it possible to have a drop dropdown box of options for a single product where the drop down box options have a set price instead of a + or - from the default price?

See the page below for visual of the problem. I cant seem to find a way to stop the Add to Bag Button appearing behind the Options dropdown box even though I am taking the html straight from ECWID single product widget page?

www.removemyasbestos.co.uk/test/

Last edited by Makfruit; 07-02-2012 at 08:15 AM.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:35 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Test4Asbestos View Post
Hi, I have already pasted the code into my webpage but the add to bag button forces the select an option drop down box to be justified left instead of beneath the product image, description, price and add to bag.
I really need help with the formatting to get all items to sit beneath one another.
Thanks

See the page below for visual of the problem. I cant seem to find a way to stop the Add to Bag Button appearing behind the Options dropdown box even though I am taking the html straight from ECWID single product widget page?

www.removemyasbestos.co.uk/test/
Hello,

Thank you for the details. The issue is caused by CSS styles on your site. The CSS file 'style-default.css' has the folllowing code on the line 1194:
Code:
table { border-collapse:collapse; float:left; clear:both; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px; }
As far as I can see, it particularly sets the rule 'float: left' for all tables on the page. Since Ecwid single product widget contains tables, the rule affects it.

In order to fix the issue, you'll need to remove that rule or specify it with some CSS class so that it will only apply to some certain tables, not to all of them. Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Quote:
also, is it possible to have a drop dropdown box of options for a single product where the drop down box options have a set price instead of a + or - from the default price?
Please refer to this thread:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?p=49590

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Ecwid For This Useful Post:
Test4Asbestos (07-02-2012)
Old 07-02-2012, 04:27 PM

Hi and thanks for the info.
Do you have a line of code which would differentiate between normal tables and ECWID table which I can insert into CSS file 'style-default.css'. I am very grateful for your help.
David
Old 07-03-2012, 09:04 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Test4Asbestos View Post
Hi and thanks for the info.
Do you have a line of code which would differentiate between normal tables and ECWID table which I can insert into CSS file 'style-default.css'. I am very grateful for your help.
David
David,

As I suggested in my previous messages, you can remove the 'float' rule from the code causing the issue and everything will be fixed. Now the line 1194 of 'style-default.css' looks like this:
Code:
table { border-collapse:collapse; float:left; clear:both; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px; }
In order to fix the issue, change it to this:
Code:
table { border-collapse:collapse; clear:both; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px; }

Alternatively, you can add an extra code that will override the rule. Such a code will look like this:
Code:
div.ecwid-Product table {
  float: none;
}

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.