The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:44 AM

Lightbulb

Bulk Gallery Upload for Ecwid (the new free app)

Hi all!

I just finished a new app that allows you to automate the upload of product gallery images:

Bulk Gallery Upload for Ecwid

App page: https://ecwidbulkgalleryupload-smartmartcomua.rhcloud.com/

Click the big blue button to install:

Need your permission to access the store by API:

After you once authorize the app, you will see “Bulk Gallery Upload” added to your Control Panel:

The app needs a CSV table with Tab as a delimiter and UTF-8 encoding to manage gallery upload.

In my experience, the “OpenOffice Calc” app from free “OpenOffice” package is more user-controllable for format and character encoding. You can download it here: http://www.openoffice.org/download/

Quick help about how to prepare ZIP and CSV for uploading is here:https://ecwidbulkgalleryupload-smart...com/#quickHelp

The “Bulk Gallery Upload” app is free, but requires any Ecwid paid plan to access API.

Your questions and comments are welcome.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to smartMart For This Useful Post:
Arthur Belostotsky (02-17-2015), Matt Ecwid (01-28-2015), Qetzal (02-19-2015), Sergio87 (03-17-2015), Rick G (01-28-2015)
Old 02-18-2015, 02:58 AM
Fernando Vargas Castro:5468032@deleted's Avatar
Fernando Vargas Castro:5468032@deleted Fernando Vargas Castro:5468032@deleted is offline

Thank you!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Fernando Vargas Castro:5468032@deleted For This Useful Post:
Matt Ecwid (03-02-2015)
Old 11-09-2015, 01:23 AM

[UPDATE] fixed

Hi all,

I have fixed a memory leaks bug,
so now you can upload large amounts of images (I tested the App on 2500 CSV lines and 2.2GB ZIP with 40946 jpegs inside).

Happy upload!
Old 06-15-2016, 01:06 AM

Lightbulb

[ADDITIONAL]
I found that some of the misunderstandings are repeated, so I decided to write a little clarification.

If you're new to Ecwid, let me explain what is Product ID.

FAQ says "Product ID is a unique global identifier of a product, internal to Ecwid."
(support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/articles/207101289-Exporting-store-data#WhenIexportproductsIseetheProductIDcolumnWhat isthis)

When we create new products (manually or via import), Ecwid automatically assign them an unique numbers. It's a product IDs. We can't change them.

If we edit some product's SKU, or title, or description, the product ID still remains the same. And if we delete some product and then re-create new one with the same SKU, title and description, this "new old" will have new unique product ID, automatically generated by Ecwid.

On the other hand, this constancy allows us to bind something (a picture, for example) exactly to the proper product. We only must use existing product IDs from already existing products, and never try to change them.

How to get existing product IDs from your Ecwid store? You can do it via export:
(support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/articles/207101289-Exporting-store-data#howtoexportproducts)

At the export stage you must check "Product ID" field (refer to picture attached). Then, use these values unchanged, when you create a CSV table for gallery images.

For easier understanding, I prepared several CSV tables that show the process step by step (of course, with IDs from my store), so, check attachment.

If you still have a questions, please, drop me a line.

Wish you a lucky uploads!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	howto-00.png
Views:	231
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	3499  
Attached Files
File Type: csv 1_export_products.csv (171 Bytes, 183 views)
File Type: csv 2_add_gallery_image_column.csv (191 Bytes, 179 views)
File Type: csv 3_insert_new_rows_with_filenames.csv (593 Bytes, 160 views)
File Type: csv 4_fill_product_id_cells.csv (737 Bytes, 168 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to smartMart For This Useful Post:
Rick G (06-21-2016)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
api, apiv3, app, bulk import, gallery images