The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:49 PM

Question

Can subcategories and products be shown in the same row?

I have a category with three subcategories, two of which have only one item, and it is inelegant to click on the subcategory link, get another page to click through for that item, and then the single product details page. I'd like to eliminate that intermediary step.

I have tried adding the subcategory which has several products, and the single-product categories, but instead of three icons/links in a row, I get one sub category link, and blank space for the rest of the row, and below that, the two product links. I'd like to move those two product links up in line with the other subcategory. Is this possible?

Thank you.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:14 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judith M View Post
I have a category with three subcategories, two of which have only one item, and it is inelegant to click on the subcategory link, get another page to click through for that item, and then the single product details page. I'd like to eliminate that intermediary step.

I have tried adding the subcategory which has several products, and the single-product categories, but instead of three icons/links in a row, I get one sub category link, and blank space for the rest of the row, and below that, the two product links. I'd like to move those two product links up in line with the other subcategory. Is this possible?

Thank you.
Hello,

I suggest you to use special script that allows to redirect customer to any custom page, when category's link is clicked. Please, refer to the article "How can I set up a category that links to an external site" for details. In your case, customer will be redirected to product details page of your store instead of external site.

If you need any help with this, please, let me know.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 06-14-2013, 07:06 AM

That looks like it should do it, the directions are a bit confusing, I will try it tomorrow. Thank you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
product browser, subcategories