The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:38 PM

Question

Categories and Sub Categories

Hi, I apologize in advance if this has already been asked. I did take a good look around first.

I have a menu set up in Word Press using li tags. The menu is split into Categories and sub-categories. I'd like to display the categories and sub categories from ecwid utilizing the style of these menus.
  1. Can you point me in the right direction of which pieces of code I need to edit please, and
  2. do I need use your css tags or can I use my own?

Thanks

Regards

Alistair
Old 06-30-2010, 03:40 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
Hi, I apologize in advance if this has already been asked. I did take a good look around first.

I have a menu set up in Word Press using li tags. The menu is split into Categories and sub-categories. I'd like to display the categories and sub categories from ecwid utilizing the style of these menus.
  1. Can you point me in the right direction of which pieces of code I need to edit please, and
  2. do I need use your css tags or can I use my own?

Thanks

Regards

Alistair
Hi Alistair,

Yes, you can create a custom menu with links to the Ecwid categories. You don't need to use our CSS code, just perform the following steps:

1. Create a custom menu with dummy links.
2. Get URL's of the Ecwid categories using this method: http://kb.ecwid.com/How-can-I-link-t...ct-or-category
3. Replace the dummy links with the actual ones.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 07-02-2010, 01:41 AM

Thank you Eugene, that was really simple
Just one other question for you please:
Setting up the main categories is fine using this method, but I really should have called the 'sub categories' 'products'.
As the products will changing all the time (deleted, updated etc), is there a method of having the product names - that appear under each category - update dynamically?

Thanks

Alistair
Old 07-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
Thank you Eugene, that was really simple
Just one other question for you please:
Setting up the main categories is fine using this method, but I really should have called the 'sub categories' 'products'.
As the products will changing all the time (deleted, updated etc), is there a method of having the product names - that appear under each category - update dynamically?

Thanks

Alistair
Alistair,

Yep, it is possible. You should use our Product API to get the actual list of products and their URLs: http://kb.ecwid.com/Product-API#ProductAPI

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 05-10-2011, 04:43 PM

I tried to implement this, but I cannot get the url's through wix since the html block is set up completely separately. Is it possible to get the url's a different way?

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
categories, categories list, css, list, subcategories