The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:47 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj03 View Post
Thanks for your reply. I checked out the alternatives. Unfortunately they will not work in my case. I have hundreds of manufacturers and need to set up searches for specific brands that will exclude searches from other manufacturers and categories.

Please let me know if it becomes available as I won't be able to expand my store to other product lines at this point and will have to consider other solutions.
When we implement a new feature in Ecwid, the corresponding idea in our Ideas base gets 'Completed' status and a special email notification is sent to all subscribers. If you want to subscribe to the idea updates, you'll just need to vote for it or leave a comment on the idea page.

Also, please feel free to subscribe to our Facebook page, Twitter and blog for updates and news.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 08-23-2012, 04:01 PM

Default Search within a subcategory

Hi,

Is is possible to use the Search widget to search strictly within a subcategory?
We have 3 different subcategories (with multiple subcategories within each), all with products with identical names (for example, we have letterheads for each category).
If you are within the first category and want to find letterheads within it, the Search widget shows you the letterheads from all three categories. So, what I'm asking is, is there something I can do to prevent results from all three categories showing up when I am searching in one category?

Thanks.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:44 AM
Ecwid Team

Currently, Ecwid search widget allows to search trough the whole store only. It is not possible to change any search parameters. If you consider that functionality, which allows to set additional search parameters should be added in Ecwid, please, vote for this idea here: http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...eld-refinement and we will email when it is released.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
The Following User Says Thank You to Maya For This Useful Post:
HolidayPrint (08-27-2012)
Old 09-30-2014, 12:12 AM

It would be cool if this was an option, but as usual it is DENIED. :'(
Old 10-15-2014, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olb View Post
It would be cool if this was an option, but as usual it is DENIED. :'(
Hello Ali,

Thank you for your feedback.
I am glad to tell you that at the moment you can implement the search by certain category in your store using our new Product Filters API.

This API allows filtering and showing products in Ecwid storefront by the following parameters:
- prices
- categories
- attributes’ values
- keywords

In your case you should create the custom search widget that will have the option to choose the category for search. This approach requires some JavaScript coding skills, and it would quite easy task for experienced developer.

Here you can find the documentation for this API: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...ct-filters-api

Please let me know if you have anymore questions. I'll be glad to help you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
adjust, categories, csv and options, hidden categories, search box, subcategories