The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 02-17-2016, 07:36 AM

I want to remove the shop page and show just the facebook page

Hi there, I am so newbie here.

I´ve checked the settings and stuff and I would like to know if I could only use the platform in order to have just a facebook page.

Let´s say, in other words, I don´t want to have my site under this url https://store7893102.ecwid.com/ and instead I´d like to have just the facebook shop tab.

Is this achievable?
Old 02-24-2016, 09:04 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Guinea View Post
Hi there, I am so newbie here.

I´ve checked the settings and stuff and I would like to know if I could only use the platform in order to have just a facebook page.

Let´s say, in other words, I don´t want to have my site under this url https://store7893102.ecwid.com/ and instead I´d like to have just the facebook shop tab.

Is this achievable?
Hi Ivan,

Thank you for contacting Ecwid Customer Care Team and welcome to our forums!

Basically, Starter site is automatically generated one-page website with your Ecwid store. Once you register at Ecwid, starter site is available for you. So you can start selling online right away even if you do not have a website yet.

Since Ecwid is an embeddable solution, it can be integrated with any number of websites, blogs or social pages. Even if merchant launches their own website with Ecwid store, they can use their starter site as an additional selling channel. It is not possible to delete starter site. Notice that if you don’t want to use your Starter site, you should not post its URL address anywhere. So nobody can find it in the web.

By the way, you may want to change your starter site URL. For example, you can rename it from https://store7893102.ecwid.com/ to https://mybeststore.ecwid.com/ etc.
How to do it:
  • go to your Ecwid control panel > Settings > General > “Starter site” tab and click “Change Starter Site URL” button
  • rename your subdomain at ecwid.com or use your own domain in the popup.
Hope that helps. Feel free to contact us anytime you want if any further questions appear. We're always here and ready to help!

Thank you!

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stacy_P For This Useful Post:
rebecca lea (03-13-2016), Wildher (06-11-2016)
Old 02-24-2016, 09:13 AM

Thanks for replying.

The whole thing is I have an actual site nowadays and I just want to have my shop in facebook, not to have the same site in another url (which could lead to duplicate content).

So, this is not possible, right?
Old 02-26-2016, 03:00 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Guinea View Post
Thanks for replying.

The whole thing is I have an actual site nowadays and I just want to have my shop in facebook, not to have the same site in another url (which could lead to duplicate content).

So, this is not possible, right?
Hi Ivan,

thanks a lot for your message!

The thing is that there is no need to close starter site. Indexing of Ecwid Starter site will not lead to duplicate content. Moreover, it is not possible to close starter site separately from Ecwid store at your Facebook page. Let me please explain it to you in details.

First of all, I'd like to point out that generally duplicate content is not an issue unless you do it deliberately for fooling search engines. Search engines deals with a lot amount of duplicates on the web and there is no big difference between how they index unique pages or duplicate pages. Google guidelines say:

Quote:
Duplicate content generally refers to substantive blocks of content within or across domains that either completely match other content or are appreciably similar. Mostly, this is not deceptive in origin. Examples of non-malicious duplicate content could include:
  • Discussion forums that can generate both regular and stripped-down pages targeted at mobile devices
  • Store items shown or linked via multiple distinct URLs
  • Printer-only versions of web pages
There are actually many cases in which duplication is normal and shouldn't be an issue. Of course, nobody wants to be banned by Google so I understand your worries. Since you are not posting the starter site URL on the web at the moment, be sure that it won’t be indexed by search engines at all. Please, refer to this link in order to find Google’s advices on how to address duplicate content issues: https://support.google.com/webmaster...er/66359?hl=en

To summarize, there is no need to delete or close your starter site if you beware of duplicate content. Ecwid Starter site won’t be the reason for such issue anyhow.

I hope this information will be helpful for you. Please let me know if any further assistance is required.

I'll be happy to help you!

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
facebook