The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 02-10-2012, 03:36 PM

Affiliate Tracking for Facebook Pages

I have configured Post Affiliate Pro to track affiliates' sales. Is there a way Facebook page owners can add my Ecwid catalogue on their pages and track their sales with the Post Affiliate Pro click tracking code? I am not quite sure where on the Facebook page they should add it..
Old 02-11-2012, 11:24 AM

If anyone else wonders, it works the standard way. Just add your Ecwid code in the advanced html box in the Ecwid Facebook app. Then paste your click tracking code from Post Affiliate Pro below it. Don't forget to include the affiliate ID variable. When adding the affiliate to Post Affiliate Pro, use the complete URL to the Facebook app itself (not just the Facebook page).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tony D. For This Useful Post:
Maya (02-13-2012), Qetzal (02-13-2012)
Old 02-21-2012, 12:38 AM

Sorry, could you explain clearly for newbies in Fb and in as "simple" english as you can ?
Old 02-21-2012, 03:12 AM

I understand. If you are new to affiliate programs, it does sound complicated. It took me about a week before I understood what to do. In the end it turned out it wasn't as difficult as it looked. I'll try to explain it as simply as I can:

1. Go to the Ecwid Facebook app (just type "Ecwid" in the Facebook search field);
2. Add your Ecwid store to your Facebook page;
3. Go to Settings and type in your Ecwid store ID;
4. If you don't want to set up any affiliate programs, you're done. If you want to set one up by using Post Affiliate Pro, please keep reading below;
5. You should tell your affiliates to complete steps 1-3. They must add your Ecwid store ID;
6. In the "Facebook Tab content" section in the app's Settings, they must select "Custom HTML code (advanced)"
7. Send them your Ecwid store's "Product Browser Widget Code". You can find it in the Dashboard of your Ecwid.com account;
8. The affiliates must paste it in the "Custom HTML code (advanced)" field;
9. To make the affiliate tracking work, right below the Ecwid code in the same field, they must also paste this click tracking code from Post Affiliate Pro;

<script id="pap_x2s6df8d" src="http://www.YOURSITE.postaffiliatepro.com/scripts/clickjs.php" type="text/javascript">
</script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var AffiliateID='4444';
papTrack();
</script>

Change YOURSITE and 4444 appropriately. Please note that 4444 is the affiliate ID. You can create it when adding an affiliate in your merchant panel in Post Affiliate Pro. It could be any other number or name. Also, if you are not using a hosted account at Post Affiliate Pro, change the src URL above appropriately.

10. If everything is right, when making a purchase from the affiliate's Facebook page, it must be referred to her affiliate account.

There's also some other settings you need to complete at Post Affiliate Pro, like setting up your campaign, etc. It's best to consult with their Knowledge Base or contact the support team if there's something you don't get. The same applies to Ecwid.

I think I've tried to explain it in the simplest possible way. If there's something you don't understand, it's most likely because of terms like "click tracking codes", etc. Indeed, they sound really complicated to affiliate newbies but once you get used to them, it's not so bad.

If you need any other help, just let me know.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tony D. For This Useful Post:
Matt Ecwid (03-05-2012), Maya (02-21-2012), Qetzal (03-05-2012)
Old 03-03-2012, 09:21 PM

Sorry, I am still a little confused. I have 2 questions. First, if I select the "Custom HTML code (advanced)" field, then I have to de-select the option to automatically open the store, so do i need to add any extra code in the advanced field to open the store?

Second question. Is this everything that Post Affiliate Pro needs in order to track all the affiliate sales? It will keep running totals of all affiliate orders to make payouts easy at the end of the month, or must you do this manually?

Third question (sorry I lied about only 2), if I just want to track my OWN Facebook sales, can I use the %affiliate_id% tag here to have "Facebook" come up on all my orders in ecwid?
Old 03-03-2012, 09:46 PM

1st: you must add the regular Ecwid code you'd add on any other website for the store to run in the "Custom HTML code (advanced)" field. There used to be a problem with the Facebook tab width previously but with the wider Facebook tabs now, this will not be a problem anymore.

2nd: yes, everything is automatic. Once you set it up, all the sales will be referred to the affiliate's account. There's the option to manually approve each referral sale.

3rd: yes, you can do that using Post Affiliate Pro or Ecwid's internal affiliate tracking option: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/24740703/...tes%20features
The Following User Says Thank You to Tony D. For This Useful Post:
Maya (03-05-2012)
Old 03-03-2012, 11:59 PM

Thanks for the clarifications Tony. However, I am noticing that the behavior is slightly different when I specify my own "Custom HTML code (advanced)" rather than the automatic "Catalog" radio button. In particular, the automatic "Catalog" button expands out into the full app with a wide space on product detail pages, while my custom code tries to squeeze my entire product details into the narrow column of my store tab within the fan page. Is there a way to get the same functionality of the auto "Catalog" button, but allowing the injection of <script> xAffiliate("Affiliate Code"); </script> to track sales? Maybe my custom HTML code is too basic. I am just using the Product Browser Widget Code found in my dashboard with small changes to the columns and row numbers.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:33 AM

That's correct. I didn't really care about the "squeezing" problem since that's how it looks on the affiliates' pages. But in your case, you need it for your own page and that doesn't look very pretty. I'd suggest you wait for a while until Ecwid update their Facebook app to suit the new pages tabs (810px). I guess it will be okay then.

However, another workaround would be adding Ecwid's internal affiliate function to your website. That would mean all sales coming without an affiliate ID would be from Facebook.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony D. View Post
However, another workaround would be adding Ecwid's internal affiliate function to your website. That would mean all sales coming without an affiliate ID would be from Facebook.
Yup, already doing it this way. Thanks for the quick reply. I will wait until ecwid gets their app working for the new Facebook timeline.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:30 PM

the script i was just given from them was longer and has sale data in it.. thought i would post this here in case it is an important update or increased functionality

<script id="pap_x2s6df8d" src="http://www.yoursite.com/affiliate/scripts/salejs.php" type="text/javascript"></script>

var sale = PostAffTracker.createSale();
sale.setTotalCost("%order_total%");
sale.setOrderID("%order_id%");

PostAffTracker.register();
</script>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony D. View Post
I understand. If you are new to affiliate programs, it does sound complicated. It took me about a week before I understood what to do. In the end it turned out it wasn't as difficult as it looked. I'll try to explain it as simply as I can:

1. Go to the Ecwid Facebook app (just type "Ecwid" in the Facebook search field);
2. Add your Ecwid store to your Facebook page;
3. Go to Settings and type in your Ecwid store ID;
4. If you don't want to set up any affiliate programs, you're done. If you want to set one up by using Post Affiliate Pro, please keep reading below;
5. You should tell your affiliates to complete steps 1-3. They must add your Ecwid store ID;
6. In the "Facebook Tab content" section in the app's Settings, they must select "Custom HTML code (advanced)"
7. Send them your Ecwid store's "Product Browser Widget Code". You can find it in the Dashboard of your Ecwid.com account;
8. The affiliates must paste it in the "Custom HTML code (advanced)" field;
9. To make the affiliate tracking work, right below the Ecwid code in the same field, they must also paste this click tracking code from Post Affiliate Pro;

<script id="pap_x2s6df8d" src="http://www.YOURSITE.postaffiliatepro.com/scripts/clickjs.php" type="text/javascript">
</script>
var AffiliateID='4444';
papTrack();
</script>

Change YOURSITE and 4444 appropriately. Please note that 4444 is the affiliate ID. You can create it when adding an affiliate in your merchant panel in Post Affiliate Pro. It could be any other number or name. Also, if you are not using a hosted account at Post Affiliate Pro, change the src URL above appropriately.

10. If everything is right, when making a purchase from the affiliate's Facebook page, it must be referred to her affiliate account.

There's also some other settings you need to complete at Post Affiliate Pro, like setting up your campaign, etc. It's best to consult with their Knowledge Base or contact the support team if there's something you don't get. The same applies to Ecwid.

I think I've tried to explain it in the simplest possible way. If there's something you don't understand, it's most likely because of terms like "click tracking codes", etc. Indeed, they sound really complicated to affiliate newbies but once you get used to them, it's not so bad.

If you need any other help, just let me know.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
affiliate, facebook, intergration