The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-20-2009, 05:08 PM
Ecwid Made Easy.com's Avatar
Ecwid Made Easy.com is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 307
Default

Backend - Multiple access levels


Hi,

Is it possible to have multiple access with different levels of admin access.

What I am thinking of is this:

Administrator - full access to products, categories and orders
Fulfilment Staff - has access to order information (read only)
Customer Service - has access to orders and customers only - can make alterations.


Andrew
  #2  
Old 10-21-2009, 10:05 AM
Qetzal's Avatar
Qetzal Qetzal is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 10,847
Default

We already have this idea in our database: http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...sers?ref=title
Please vote for it and it will be implemented faster.
__________________
Eugene K.
Ecwid Team

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base

Last edited by Liza; 05-19-2015 at 02:07 PM.
  #3  
Old 05-25-2010, 06:49 PM
LifeRing's Avatar
LifeRing LifeRing is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 8
Smile Multiple Admin Logins Possible?

I'm liking this a great deal. MUCH easier to setup and much easier for the customer. I've created a storefront in a couple of days that with ZenCart took our developer three months.
But there's one feature I'm not finding. Maybe it's not there. We have several administrators who need access to the Dashboard (Control Panel) for different things, and normally a storefront program would allow different logins with different user ids and passwords for each admin. Is that possible in Ecwid?
Again, thanks for this program. This is a breakthrough in useability and ease of administration.
  #4  
Old 05-26-2010, 11:05 AM
Qetzal's Avatar
Qetzal Qetzal is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 10,847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manicolaus View Post
I'm liking this a great deal. MUCH easier to setup and much easier for the customer. I've created a storefront in a couple of days that with ZenCart took our developer three months.
But there's one feature I'm not finding. Maybe it's not there. We have several administrators who need access to the Dashboard (Control Panel) for different things, and normally a storefront program would allow different logins with different user ids and passwords for each admin. Is that possible in Ecwid?
Again, thanks for this program. This is a breakthrough in useability and ease of administration.
Unfortunately Ecwid allows to have only one admin account per store. If you want to improve it, please vote for this idea:
http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...sers?ref=title
As soon as it gets more votes, we will implement it.
__________________
Eugene K.
Ecwid Team

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
  #5  
Old 03-14-2013, 06:36 AM
Khampol's Avatar
Khampol Khampol is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6
Default

Well, a shop means a owner and big shop means several owners and certainely collaborators... It would be very apreciate and vital. Please consider.
Thanks.

ps : I vote +3 !

Ps 2 : Its about 3Y ago + more than 3 Pages votes of peoples comments, whats are u waiting for guy??... Plus most of them are paid customers... Hurry up Ecwid!

Last edited by Khampol; 03-14-2013 at 06:40 AM.
  #6  
Old 03-14-2013, 07:09 AM
Eugene Rimmer's Avatar
Eugene Rimmer Eugene Rimmer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ecwid headquarters
Posts: 7,765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khampol View Post
Well, a shop means a owner and big shop means several owners and certainely collaborators... It would be very apreciate and vital. Please consider.
Thanks.

ps : I vote +3 !

Ps 2 : Its about 3Y ago + more than 3 Pages votes of peoples comments, whats are u waiting for guy??... Plus most of them are paid customers... Hurry up Ecwid!
We're not waiting for anything - that feature is already in the works. It's just that no-one would like it half-baked, so we invest our time in making sure it works flawlessly and doesn't cause problems.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eugene Rimmer For This Useful Post:
Khampol (03-14-2013)
  #7  
Old 03-14-2013, 07:13 AM
Khampol's Avatar
Khampol Khampol is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6
Default

Cheer!
  #8  
Old 02-20-2015, 04:03 PM
Tamara Bond-Williams's Avatar
Tamara Bond-Williams Tamara Bond-Williams is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Rimmer View Post
We're not waiting for anything - that feature is already in the works. It's just that no-one would like it half-baked, so we invest our time in making sure it works flawlessly and doesn't cause problems.
So - that was in 2013 - it is now 2015.... is this something that can be done yet?
  #9  
Old 02-25-2015, 05:45 PM
Liza P's Avatar
Liza P Liza P is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara Bond-Williams View Post
So - that was in 2013 - it is now 2015.... is this something that can be done yet?
Hello,

This feature has not been added to Ecwid yet, however it is already in works and will be added to Ecwid in future updates. Please, vote for it here: http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...sers?ref=title to get notified when the status of the idea changes.
__________________
Liza P.
Customer Care
Ecwid Help Portal
  #10  
Old 03-14-2015, 06:06 PM
webwahm's Avatar
webwahm webwahm is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1
Default

This is really crucial - I'm looking at Premium for a mature store where others are integral to helping manage it, upload products etc. This is the one BIG issue stopping me coming over to you...I'm happy to volunteer to help get this tested and rolled out? I want to give you my money, but without this...
 
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
admin, control panel, login, setup

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:53 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11. Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.