The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:49 AM

No picture on activity wall (Facebook and Linkedin)

Hi,

I use the Ecwid Widget in my website.
In case of new products I do advertisements on Facebook and LinkedIn of the new pages with Ecwid Widget integration.
For some reason neither Facebook and LinkedIn show the image which is saved through the Ecwid Backend.
Is there any method it can be shown. I don´t want to replace the code on every page.

thank you

Antti
Old 02-26-2016, 03:16 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by antti wolk1 View Post
Hi,

I use the Ecwid Widget in my website.
In case of new products I do advertisements on Facebook and LinkedIn of the new pages with Ecwid Widget integration.
For some reason neither Facebook and LinkedIn show the image which is saved through the Ecwid Backend.
Is there any method it can be shown. I don´t want to replace the code on every page.

thank you

Antti
Hello Antti,

Ecwid Customer Care team here. Thank you for contacting us on that matter.

As you might know, Ecwid is an AJAX solution which means that the content of your store is generated dynamically by means of JavaScript.

So, if you share your products in social networks using a direct link to them from the URL bar of the browser like this one http://www.wolk-aftersales.com/de#!/...tegory=2564182 , the image will not show. Facebook or LinedIn simply can not read the content of any AJAX application through direct links.

Instead you can use the built-in Social Features which are now present in Ecwid. They allow sharing your products with images and pieces of product description too.

Here's the article for your reference with all the necessary information: Social Features

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask if there's anything else I can help you with.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.