The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-06-2014, 05:13 PM

ION test on none standard port

Hi,
I am setting ION (webhook) and I noticed that the Test endpoint doesn't work for URL with specific (none 80) port.
As long my URL is like xxx.yyy.com it works but when I use xxx.yyy.com:9877

then it doesn't work (9877 none standard port)

I tested this with Python Twisted server using different ports and I used Python client (as well HTML form)

Can somebody confirm that Test endpoint for ION works only for port 80? or I am missing something?

regards
-- jacek
Old 06-13-2014, 12:20 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthSun View Post
Hi,
I am setting ION (webhook) and I noticed that the Test endpoint doesn't work for URL with specific (none 80) port.
As long my URL is like xxx.yyy.com it works but when I use xxx.yyy.com:9877

then it doesn't work (9877 none standard port)

I tested this with Python Twisted server using different ports and I used Python client (as well HTML form)

Can somebody confirm that Test endpoint for ION works only for port 80? or I am missing something?

regards
-- jacek
Hello Jacek,
Thank you for raising this question. Calls to ION Cannon endpoint URL can be made via standard 80 and 443 ports for HTTP and HTTPS respectively. We also have 30000 port for HTTP connections open if there's a need to use a non-standard port. All other ports are closed for outbound connections and therefore can't be used to trigger the script on the ION Cannon endpoint URL.

Is there any specific reason why you would like to use 9877 port to fire ION Cannon?

help portal
Old 06-16-2014, 04:19 PM

I needed specific port because port 80 (and 443) is taken by Apache and I wanted use different server (Twisted/Python) to handle the webhook call. At the end I managed to use standard port 80 with some URL rewrite trick to process the call by Apache. Good to know that port 30000 is open in case I need it.
Thanks for your help.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.