The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 02-10-2016, 02:52 PM

I tried placing the code above the <!--Ecwid code end--> but after I completed a test sale it returns me to the store page with the following on it but never redirects to the custom thank you page I made with LeadPages. What am I doing wrong? I really need an answer ASAP, thanks!

Last edited by Laura Naiser; 02-10-2016 at 03:29 PM. Reason: correct the image
Old 02-11-2016, 12:58 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Naiser View Post
I tried placing the code above the <!--Ecwid code end--> but after I completed a test sale it returns me to the store page with the following on it but never redirects to the custom thank you page I made with LeadPages. What am I doing wrong? I really need an answer ASAP, thanks!

Hello Laura,

thank you for reaching out!

It would be great if you provided the URL of the page, to which you added the redirect script. Perhaps, the script requires a little update for your particular website. I'll inspect the script and will be able to suggest a solution. Thanks!

Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 02-11-2016, 03:21 PM

Thanks Ginger! Here is the URL:
http://www.lauranaiser.com/store/
Old 02-15-2016, 04:57 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Thanks Ginger! Here is the URL:
http://www.lauranaiser.com/store/
First off, I'm sorry for keeping you waiting for the solution. Thanks for the link, I now see that the script is correct, but corrupted by the WordPress text editor:

Some brackets within the script are published as encoded symbols, that makes the script invalid.

Please, refer to my post here for the suggestions how to paste custom scripts in WordPress text editor. Thank you!

Help Center

Old 02-15-2016, 06:31 PM

I followed all the instructions you gave in that other post and it is still not returning the purchaser to my custom thank you page. It just goes back to the ECWID store page with the standard confirmation as shown in my previous screen shot above. Any ideas?
Old 02-21-2016, 08:33 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
I followed all the instructions you gave in that other post and it is still not returning the purchaser to my custom thank you page. It just goes back to the ECWID store page with the standard confirmation as shown in my previous screen shot above. Any ideas?
Hi Laura,

I'm very sorry for keeping you waiting.

I'd remove the </p> tags from the script body as well. They should be present as spaces and line breaks in the text mode.

Also I suggest trying No-format plugin, that is said to prevent WordPress from corrupting the scripts and HTML written code.

Help Center

Old 03-30-2016, 06:34 PM

Is there a way to make this work for google sites? I can't input the code because for google sites you have to use google gadgets to insert ecwid.

Thank you!
Old 04-01-2016, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaya Burgin View Post
Is there a way to make this work for google sites? I can't input the code because for google sites you have to use google gadgets to insert ecwid.

Thank you!
Hi Kaya,

Thank you for your question!

It's not possible to apply this kind of customizations with Google Sites, since the scripts are not allowed there.
This kind of cusotmizations requires more full-featured website builder solutions.

Ecwid has plugins for most popular solutions of this kind.
I suggest you checking out Wordpress as one of the most advanced and yet easy to use solutions.

Please find the instruction on how to add Ecwid to Wordpress here: https://help.ecwid.com/customer/en/p...-downloadable-

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I'll be glad to help you.

Thanks!
Old 05-06-2016, 11:33 PM

Here is my store location http://192.169.250.170/~allmed/store/ my store receiving orders successfully but after order customer not redirecting and products still in the cart. Anyone can help?
Thanks
Old 05-10-2016, 01:35 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantil Harris View Post
Here is my store location http://192.169.250.170/~allmed/store/ my store receiving orders successfully but after order customer not redirecting and products still in the cart. Anyone can help?
Thanks
Hello! Sorry for the delay.

Were those orders made via PayPal? If the payment system doesn’t redirect customers back to the store page after they made the order (if they don’t click on “return to store” button) the store “doesn’t know” that they made a purchase thus leaving the products in the cart as if the customer just left it and didn’t buy anything.

There is no need to worry for the payment system sends a callback to your Ecwid store and the order status will change anyway.
PayPal has an option to auto return customers to the store. You can find it on your PayPal account Profile → My selling tools → Website Payment Preferences page. Please check out this article for details: https://help.ecwid.com/customer/port...paypalstandard

If those orders weren’t made via PayPal, please give us the numbers of the orders for further check.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
checkout, paypal