The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 10-25-2015, 07:11 PM

Exclamation Make Shopping Bag invisible when 0 items in cart.

The cart used to show up as a pop up on my non-store pages. I didn't like the pop up, so after spending a long time with Ecwid agent, we managed to have the cart show up like a regular page, even if the user was on a "Store Policies" page, they could now click the "Shopping Bag" and the cart would load as a normal page.
But NOW ~ the "Shopping Bag" shows up on those non-store pages even when there is 0 (no items) in cart. (It doesn't do that on the store pages). I don't want to have the BAG floating around with "0" when the customer just wants to read a non store page. I DO want the BAG floating around if there is product in the bag.
(Every time I get a problem solved, somehow another is created by solving the previous one.)

Last edited by Cynthia Tucker; 10-25-2015 at 07:23 PM.
Old 10-28-2015, 02:55 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia Tucker View Post
The cart used to show up as a pop up on my non-store pages. I didn't like the pop up, so after spending a long time with Ecwid agent, we managed to have the cart show up like a regular page, even if the user was on a "Store Policies" page, they could now click the "Shopping Bag" and the cart would load as a normal page.
But NOW ~ the "Shopping Bag" shows up on those non-store pages even when there is 0 (no items) in cart. (It doesn't do that on the store pages). I don't want to have the BAG floating around with "0" when the customer just wants to read a non store page. I DO want the BAG floating around if there is product in the bag.
(Every time I get a problem solved, somehow another is created by solving the previous one.)
Hello,

I am sorry that you faced this issue.

I examined your website to understand why the described problem appears. I went to one of the pages with your products, added an item to the cart - the shopping cart appeared in the right bottom corner of the page. I opened the cart and deleted the item, the shopping cart became empty and disappeared from the page. I also went to other website pages, to see if the empty shopping cart appears there. It didn’t. The shopping cart seems to work just the way it should for me.

Do you still have this problem? If so, please write back with the following details:
  • what browser you’re using
  • what operating system you’re using( mac, windows, a mobile device)
I will examine your store in the same environment.

Hope to hear from you. Thanks.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

:arrow_down: Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 10-28-2015, 04:41 PM

Stanley,
Thank you for responding to my issue. I was able to correct the problem before you visited my site, by removing some code. One of the tech support agents (via chat) had me to put some code in, but it resulted in the problem I posted above. I took out "part" of the code, and now it works properly.

However, I still have a problem that no one has been able to resolve:
I only have paypal express enabled for payment. The checkout button comes up
instead of the paypal button, and the main problem is that the "fill-in" form comes up. I don't need that, which is why I have only enabled paypal express. Please see the tiny urls below of screenshots that show what comes up:
http://take.ms/nf8vE

Then this screen:
http://take.ms/NUnlv

Thank you in advance for trying to resolve this. It is a hindrance to customers checking out.
Old 11-02-2015, 03:12 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Stanley,
Thank you for responding to my issue. I was able to correct the problem before you visited my site, by removing some code. One of the tech support agents (via chat) had me to put some code in, but it resulted in the problem I posted above. I took out "part" of the code, and now it works properly.

However, I still have a problem that no one has been able to resolve:
I only have paypal express enabled for payment. The checkout button comes up
instead of the paypal button, and the main problem is that the "fill-in" form comes up. I don't need that, which is why I have only enabled paypal express. Please see the tiny urls below of screenshots that show what comes up:
http://take.ms/nf8vE

Then this screen:
http://take.ms/NUnlv

Thank you in advance for trying to resolve this. It is a hindrance to customers checking out.
Hello,

Sorry for the late answer.

I have checked your website . I tried ordering a product: added it to the shopping bag and proceeded to checkout page. On checkout I saw yellow “PayPal Check out” button as in sreenshot here: http://take.ms/Gm7ub This button basically replaces standard Ecwid “Checkout” button if PayPal Express Checkout option is enabled. You can set it up at Ecwid Control Panel > Settings > Payment > PayPal Express Checkout. I followed the same ordering steps for other products and again on checkout I see “PayPal Check out” button.
If you still don’t see this button, please let me know this info:
-web browser you use
-operating system (windows, mac, or mobile device)

Look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks.

Old 11-02-2015, 08:37 PM

Hi,
This problem continues and is not solved. The same checkout button (not paypal) comes up and then the fill in form. Here it is again, I've just now taken this screenshot.
http://take.ms/U6yFW

If you empty the cart, choose another item, and try to check out, the fill in form will open.
I'm weary of this issue, as I have spoken with several agents without any success in resolution and it's going on for weeks now. They check my site and say it works, but it does not. I was using Chrome but switched a week ago back to Mozilla. Problem persists.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:51 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Hi,
This problem continues and is not solved. The same checkout button (not paypal) comes up and then the fill in form. Here it is again, I've just now taken this screenshot.

If you empty the cart, choose another item, and try to check out, the fill in form will open.
I'm weary of this issue, as I have spoken with several agents without any success in resolution and it's going on for weeks now. They check my site and say it works, but it does not. I was using Chrome but switched a week ago back to Mozilla. Problem persists.
Hello,

Thank you for letting us know that the issue persists.

I visited your website at http://www.firebynightglass.com/ using Mozilla Firefox web browser. I added ‘Tail pen, Zebra’ product to the bag and indeed the default ‘Checkout’ button appears instead of the PayPal one. After I click this button I get redirected to shopping details form, same as on your screenshot. I tried to empty the shopping bag and added the product again. The PayPal Checkout button appeared as it should. I also experimented with other products. Same thing - I see ‘PayPal Check out’ button.

We are at the moment investigating why this happens. I will keep you posted in this thread.

Old 11-11-2015, 07:07 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Hi,

Hello,

I’m glad to inform you, we have solved the problem with ‘PayPal Checkout’ button.
I’ll remind you what it was. You have one payment method enabled: PayPal Express Checkout. It adds button ‘PayPal Checkout’ right on the shopping bag page. In FireFox browser, this button was replaced with regular ‘Checkout’ green button that leads to checkout steps within Ecwid. We fixed it. Now you should see only yellow ‘PayPal Checkout’ button. I have just checked your store and it’s there. Please check yourself. I’m sorry again for this problem.

Old 11-24-2015, 02:37 AM

This problem has returned. I have not even been in the control panel, and it is NOT resolved. As I am paying for services, I do not expect to continue to have this repeat issue. It's time to FIX it and leave it alone. Its in not my cache, as the same thing happens on other computers and my phone. I've paid for my 2nd month, but am not sure I will continue, as this is ridiculous.
Here's a screenshot link from tonight:
http://take.ms/8bopN

Cynthia
Old 11-24-2015, 03:32 PM

Quote:
This problem has returned. I have not even been in the control panel, and it is NOT resolved. As I am paying for services, I do not expect to continue to have this repeat issue. It's time to FIX it and leave it alone. Its in not my cache, as the same thing happens on other computers and my phone. I've paid for my 2nd month, but am not sure I will continue, as this is ridiculous.
Here's a screenshot link from tonight:
http://take.ms/8bopN

Cynthia
Hi Cynthia,

thank you for your screenshot.

It shows a shipping details page with regular Ecwid Continue button, that takes you to the next page - Payment details.

PayPal Express Checkout button was never displayed on Shipping or Billing details pages, I am afraid. The only page it shows on is the Cart page. I have checked the Cart page in your store and it's there: http://take.ms/ZVsSC

Can you please clarify, can't you see PayPal Express Checkout button on the Cart page again? Could you please provide a screenshot of the issue? We will investigate it. Thank you!

Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 11-25-2015, 05:47 PM

I provided a screenshot link in my last note. Upon clicking checkout, the fill in form still comes up. This is still a problem; if you test it more than one time (empty your cart and do choose an item, then check out). I'm really weary of having to explain this problem over and over for the last month or more. It needs to be fixed permanently.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
cart, non store page, shopping bag