The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:42 PM

UK Counties Issue

Hi,

There appears to be a problem in that there is a postal district missing from the UK regions. The region is Middlesex. It's not officially a county, and has been the source of much debate over the years. However, there is a Middlesex County Cricket Club, and nearly all snail mail for the area carries the region name.

A client has received complaints that Middlesex is not on the list of counties available upon checkout in ECWID.

Could it be added?

Thanks
Bob
Old 08-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by USPWeb View Post
Hi,

There appears to be a problem in that there is a postal district missing from the UK regions. The region is Middlesex. It's not officially a county, and has been the source of much debate over the years. However, there is a Middlesex County Cricket Club, and nearly all snail mail for the area carries the region name.

A client has received complaints that Middlesex is not on the list of counties available upon checkout in ECWID.

Could it be added?

Thanks
Bob
Bob,

Why should it be added to the list if
1) As I know the counties are not used by UK Mail, only postcodes are used.
2) A customer can enter it manually:

Well, it isn't a problem to add it, if you want. But, why?

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 08-09-2011, 06:30 PM

It's one of those arguments that both answers are right and wrong

Within 2 weeks of this site going live my client was getting complaints. I completely agree that the customers can enter the county manually, however, if suggestions are there for all others, why not this one too? Also, putting it politely as possible, web users can be extremely......errr... stupid? So anything that makes it easier for them is useful.

I used to live in Middlesex (!) and most people use this as their "County" even though there is officially no Middlesex county council.

It's been the subject of debate for years.... but ultimately, it's used by everyone!

Up to you... but can't see that adding it would hurt

Cheers

Bob
Old 08-09-2011, 07:26 PM

Bob,

Have you thought about changing the label "State/Province" to something like "County (If county not shown please enter it manually)"?
Old 08-09-2011, 07:28 PM

I could do... but to me it seems silly to have every other county listed except this one. I know i'm being stubborn... but if you are going to list all others, why leave one out?
Old 08-10-2011, 02:27 PM

I know what you mean, some of the counties listed for the UK are not even counties there are Royal Mail sorting offices.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:11 AM

Bob, the Middlesex county has just been added into the code of Ecwid by our developers, so it will appear in the next version of Ecwid.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.