The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 04-29-2017, 07:13 PM

my store in facebook not working

Hi guys,
I just created my store and linked it to my facebook page.
for me I see the store and and products very well.
but if any of my members open the page they don't see the tab "Store" , and even when I send them a direct link they get erorr message that the page requested cant be found or cant open now. after I did add a button "shop now" and when members click on it they get the same erorr that requested page cant be found
how to fix such issue?
After checking I found that my store just don't work with mobile (android) facebook version.
how to solve that issue please?

Last edited by Tamer Rezk; 04-29-2017 at 09:32 PM.
Old 05-01-2017, 02:19 PM
Ecwid Team

Hello.

Thank you for contacting Ecwid customer care.

Let's address your questions, shall we?

Quote:
I just created my store and linked it to my facebook page.
for me I see the store and and products very well.
Ok, great! Glad, you were able to do that.

I can only offer you our article on Facebook + Ecwid, where you can find a lot of useful information to move forward with with you online business:

Facebook

Quote:
but if any of my members open the page they don't see the tab "Store" , and even when I send them a direct link they get erorr message that the page requested cant be found or cant open now.
Probably, the recipients of the link were trying to access it via mobile device.

Here the thing with Facebook on mobiles:

Facebook has restrictions concerning all 3rd party apps, including Ecwid. So when you access Facebook page from a mobile (and Facebook considers iPhones, iPads and Android tablets as mobile devices), you will not see a link to your Ecwid shop. Furthermore, if you try to open Ecwid store on Facebook in a mobile browser, it will display page not found error. Unfortunately, we have to live with these limitations, until Facebook changes the game rules.

But we do have a workaround, and you seem to be aware of that! Let's continue.

Quote:
after I did add a button "shop now" and when members click on it they get the same error that requested page cant be found
Indeed, there is a workaround. A "Call to Action" button. I'm going to go ahead and go through the details of using the workaround just in case:
  • Get your Starter Site link by going in your Ecwid Control Panel > Settings > General > Starter Site and copy the link below "Starter Site URL". Here's the example from my test store:

• Go to your Facebook page and click on the "Call to Action" button.

— click on "Edit call to action",
— choose "Shop Now" Button,
— under "Website" add the Starter Site link and click on "Create".

After those actions, customer who want to shop in your store from mobiles will click the "Shop Now" button, and proceed shopping on your Starter Site!

If your customers tap on Shop Now button (mobile device), and still get the same error, as if they are trying to access the store page, I would guess, that you've added a link to your store on Facebook as Shop Now button. Please, edit it, and add the URL of your Starter Site there!

Hope, this helps!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.