The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 04-08-2017, 06:59 AM

Default Ecwid tries to redirect to Ecwid stock FB app, even though I'm using my own app.

Hi,

I just noticed something extremely annoying that kind of explains a lot of my redirect problems. I had to build my own FB app, as there was no other solution to dealing with three different languages in the shop.

On-site payment gateways (ie stripe) work fine. When I use PayPal, however, it brings me to the site I'm running as an iframe in my FB app. That much I can understand. What I can't understand, however, is that something in Ecwids scripts make an FB init (by javascript SDK) with the app id of Ecwid's own facebook app - even though it has absolutely nothing to do with my app!

That is, in my opinion, a serious flaw. I guess it autodetects FB -> Paypal, but then it just assumes that everything happening on FB is through Ecwids own app. Thus, as it makes the init, it locks down all possibilities for customization att that moment. No way to get around that error. What on earth is this all about - sloppy programming?

Attached is a screenshot of my Chrome inspector console logs, you can clearly see that the script inits and suddenly thinks that Ecwids app (with App ID 251458316228) is the one that's into play :-/ And suddenly the error is understandable -- of course my domain (wingrenstore.com) is not listed in Ecwids app, thus the "Can't load URL" error.

Old 04-10-2017, 01:15 AM

Where did the text of my original post go? It shows in the mouseover of the subject line, but I can't see anything in here.
Old 04-10-2017, 11:34 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pati610 View Post
Hi,

I just noticed something extremely annoying that kind of explains a lot of my redirect problems. I had to build my own FB app, as there was no other solution to dealing with three different languages in the shop.

On-site payment gateways (ie stripe) work fine. When I use PayPal, however, it brings me to the site I'm running as an iframe in my FB app. That much I can understand. What I can't understand, however, is that something in Ecwids scripts make an FB init (by javascript SDK) with the app id of Ecwid's own facebook app - even though it has absolutely nothing to do with my app!

That is, in my opinion, a serious flaw. I guess it autodetects FB -> Paypal, but then it just assumes that everything happening on FB is through Ecwids own app. Thus, as it makes the init, it locks down all possibilities for customization att that moment. No way to get around that error. What on earth is this all about - sloppy programming?

Attached is a screenshot of my Chrome inspector console logs, you can clearly see that the script inits and suddenly thinks that Ecwids app (with App ID 251458316228) is the one that's into play :-/ And suddenly the error is understandable -- of course my domain (wingrenstore.com) is not listed in Ecwids app, thus the "Can't load URL" error.

Hello,

thanks for your message!

Your original post was marked as spam for some reason, I've just restored it manually. So sorry that you faced this. We'll investigate why this happened and make sure that you are no going to face it again.

As for your question, could you please post here the link to your Facebook page where you added Ecwid, so we can take a look?

Thanks in advance!
Ecwid Knowlegde Base
Old 04-10-2017, 10:36 PM

Hi Daria,

that explains why my original post didn't appear! Well, things like that can happen.

My FB store is not online yet, due to reasons such as the one who made me initiate this thread. But if you at Ecwid can preview it the way I do, with a whitelisted IP (which I guess you can), the address is:
https://www.facebook.com/wingrenpian...1225808989999/

Regards,
Patrick
Old 04-18-2017, 01:51 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pati610 View Post
Hi Daria,

that explains why my original post didn't appear! Well, things like that can happen.

My FB store is not online yet, due to reasons such as the one who made me initiate this thread. But if you at Ecwid can preview it the way I do, with a whitelisted IP (which I guess you can), the address is:
https://www.facebook.com/wingrenpian...1225808989999/

Regards,
Patrick
Hello Patrick,

thanks for the provided info!

I tested your app and saw the following:

When the store is added to iframe, Ecwid uses the following link to redirect from PayPal side:

Code:
https://app.ecwid.com/paypalstandard/11295646?cm=44760585&key=a486a0aef2f32117a206ced0f4f0cc7f&ticket=-1163195627&cancel_return
Using this link it detects your account and takes the URL that you setup as "Store Location" in Ecwid control panel>Settings>General>Store profile (https://wingrenstore.com/pianistik/). As a result there is a redirect to your website page:

Code:
https://wingrenstore.com/pianistik/index.php?~~mode=checkoutPD&~~ts=1491914694941
In order to change this behavior, try to correct your store URL and specify the link to your Facebook app there. In this case the redirect should work Ok.

Please try it out and let me know if any further assistance is required. I'll be glad to help you.

Thank you!
Ecwid Knowlegde Base

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.