The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-01-2017, 06:12 AM

WP theme directory not accessible

I had a problem described in a previous thread, which I was told by email would not be addressable by tech support. So, I decided to redesign the site with an updated theme, hoping that ecwid would work better with my site if my site had cleaner code. However, when I went to "add themes" in the WP dashboard (Appearance>Themes), only the installed themes were visible. None of the links to other themes or images of other themes were visible. Again, I deactivated my twelve plugins one by one, and found that ecwid is the conflict. With ecwid deactivated, I can search the theme directory. With ecwid activated, the directory is invisible and not accessible.

I am trying to update the site so that it will work better with ecwid. However, to do even that, I have to deactivate ecwid.

Has anyone else had any issues with the ecwid plugin interfering with the WP dashboard theme directory?

Last edited by blind mellow jelly; 06-01-2017 at 06:17 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to blind mellow jelly For This Useful Post:
Tyrene Jones (07-03-2017)
Old 06-02-2017, 06:29 AM
Ecwid Team

Hi there,

Edward here, Ecwid Team.

I'm sorry that you faced this problem.

We tried to reproduce the issue on our WordPress websites, but could not. The theme section works as usual when the Ecwid plugin is activated.

We'll be happy to help you resolve this problem, we just need a bit more details to investigate what could go wrong in your WordPress Admin Panel when you activate the Ecwid plugin.

I have contacted you via email for more information and am looking forward to your reply. Thank you!
Old 09-16-2017, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blind mellow jelly View Post
I had a problem described in a previous thread, which I was told by email would not be addressable by tech support. So, I decided to redesign the site with an updated theme, hoping that ecwid would work better with my site if my site had cleaner code. However, when I went to "add themes" in the WP dashboard (Appearance>Themes), only the installed themes were visible. None of the links to other themes or images of other themes were visible. Again, I deactivated my twelve plugins one by one, and found that ecwid is the conflict. With ecwid deactivated, I can search the theme directory. With ecwid activated, the directory is invisible and not accessible.

I am trying to update the site so that it will work better with ecwid. However, to do even that, I have to deactivate ecwid.

Has anyone else had any issues with the ecwid plugin interfering with the WP dashboard theme directory?
Why not just download the theme files from wordpres.org and upload them to the wp plugins folder on your server, and they should appear

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.