The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:03 AM

Really slow in WordPress

I've integrated the store with WordPress using the WP plugin and for some reason it is running REALLY slowly. When I click on a category or item it hangs forever. It's not the site or server as the rest of the site is running fine and also the store is running fine when I use the link to the simple store front on the ecwid site. Help as I don't know where the problem lies or how to fix it!
Old 08-20-2010, 03:50 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollipop11 View Post
I've integrated the store with WordPress using the WP plugin and for some reason it is running REALLY slowly. When I click on a category or item it hangs forever. It's not the site or server as the rest of the site is running fine and also the store is running fine when I use the link to the simple store front on the ecwid site. Help as I don't know where the problem lies or how to fix it!

If the simple-store link works without issues and you see the problem in your store only, it means that some site`s code causes this problem.

1. What browser do you use?
2. Please post a link to your store.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 02-23-2011, 10:01 AM

Hi there,

I have the same issue. Our site is on Wordpress and everything is working fine apart from the store.
I have done all the checks you recommended re: possible issues with slow loading but nothing seems to answer the problem.
Our site (the store page) is currently here:
http://50.22.130.188/~westauck/?page_id=318

I would appreciate any suggestions!
Many thanks,
Ildi
Old 02-23-2011, 10:51 AM

Blimey, your store pages are lightening fast!
Much faster than the rest of the site (using Chromium). Again in Firefox the store pages run faster than the rest of the site.

Last edited by slice; 02-23-2011 at 11:18 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:39 PM

Hm, I don't understand then but I appreciate that you had a look! I'm on Firefox and it takes about 20-25 seconds per page (in comparison the other pages load under 5)... I can even see the sign-in box for about 5 secs although it has been disabled... but it's mainly the loading bar that you see in the middle of the screen.
That said, I've just checked it in Explorer and it seems that for the first time it wins over Firefox!!!
Do you know if there's any way to improve store performance in Firefox?
Thanks!
Old 02-23-2011, 06:52 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Auckland Parents Centre View Post
Hm, I don't understand then but I appreciate that you had a look! I'm on Firefox and it takes about 20-25 seconds per page (in comparison the other pages load under 5)... I can even see the sign-in box for about 5 secs although it has been disabled... but it's mainly the loading bar that you see in the middle of the screen.
That said, I've just checked it in Explorer and it seems that for the first time it wins over Firefox!!!
Do you know if there's any way to improve store performance in Firefox?
Thanks!
1. What version of Firefox do you use?
2. What FF plugins do you have installed? Do you use Firebug?

Old 02-23-2011, 09:33 PM

Apologies, I was sure I tested for this but indeed Firebug is the culprit here... The loading time now is down to a couple of seconds which is fine!
Many thanks!
Old 02-24-2011, 07:31 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Auckland Parents Centre View Post
Apologies, I was sure I tested for this but indeed Firebug is the culprit here... The loading time now is down to a couple of seconds which is fine!
Many thanks!
Nice to hear that the problem is solved! Yes, it is a well-known fact, that the Firebug addon can slow down the web application, which uses a lot of AJAX. It looks like it tries to track and logs all page changes/requests, and does it a bit slowly.
An interesting thing: Gmail detects that Firebug is running and shows a warning:

Last edited by qetzal; 02-28-2011 at 12:17 AM.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
slow, wordpress