The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-20-2010, 11:03 AM
lollipop11's Avatar
lollipop11 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3
Default

Really slow in WordPress


I've integrated the store with WordPress using the WP plugin and for some reason it is running REALLY slowly. When I click on a category or item it hangs forever. It's not the site or server as the rest of the site is running fine and also the store is running fine when I use the link to the simple store front on the ecwid site. Help as I don't know where the problem lies or how to fix it!
  #2  
Old 08-20-2010, 03:50 PM
Qetzal's Avatar
Qetzal Qetzal is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 10,847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollipop11 View Post
I've integrated the store with WordPress using the WP plugin and for some reason it is running REALLY slowly. When I click on a category or item it hangs forever. It's not the site or server as the rest of the site is running fine and also the store is running fine when I use the link to the simple store front on the ecwid site. Help as I don't know where the problem lies or how to fix it!

If the simple-store link works without issues and you see the problem in your store only, it means that some site`s code causes this problem.

1. What browser do you use?
2. Please post a link to your store.
__________________
Eugene K.
Ecwid Team

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
  #3  
Old 02-23-2011, 10:01 AM
West Auckland Parents Centre's Avatar
West Auckland Parents Centre West Auckland Parents Centre is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 17
Default

Hi there,

I have the same issue. Our site is on Wordpress and everything is working fine apart from the store.
I have done all the checks you recommended re: possible issues with slow loading but nothing seems to answer the problem.
Our site (the store page) is currently here:
http://50.22.130.188/~westauck/?page_id=318

I would appreciate any suggestions!
Many thanks,
Ildi
  #4  
Old 02-23-2011, 10:51 AM
slice's Avatar
slice slice is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 697
Default

Blimey, your store pages are lightening fast!
Much faster than the rest of the site (using Chromium). Again in Firefox the store pages run faster than the rest of the site.

Last edited by slice; 02-23-2011 at 11:18 AM.
  #5  
Old 02-23-2011, 06:39 PM
West Auckland Parents Centre's Avatar
West Auckland Parents Centre West Auckland Parents Centre is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 17
Default

Hm, I don't understand then but I appreciate that you had a look! I'm on Firefox and it takes about 20-25 seconds per page (in comparison the other pages load under 5)... I can even see the sign-in box for about 5 secs although it has been disabled... but it's mainly the loading bar that you see in the middle of the screen.
That said, I've just checked it in Explorer and it seems that for the first time it wins over Firefox!!!
Do you know if there's any way to improve store performance in Firefox?
Thanks!
  #6  
Old 02-23-2011, 06:52 PM
Qetzal's Avatar
Qetzal Qetzal is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 10,847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Auckland Parents Centre View Post
Hm, I don't understand then but I appreciate that you had a look! I'm on Firefox and it takes about 20-25 seconds per page (in comparison the other pages load under 5)... I can even see the sign-in box for about 5 secs although it has been disabled... but it's mainly the loading bar that you see in the middle of the screen.
That said, I've just checked it in Explorer and it seems that for the first time it wins over Firefox!!!
Do you know if there's any way to improve store performance in Firefox?
Thanks!
1. What version of Firefox do you use?
2. What FF plugins do you have installed? Do you use Firebug?
__________________
Eugene K.
Ecwid Team

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
  #7  
Old 02-23-2011, 09:33 PM
West Auckland Parents Centre's Avatar
West Auckland Parents Centre West Auckland Parents Centre is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 17
Default

Apologies, I was sure I tested for this but indeed Firebug is the culprit here... The loading time now is down to a couple of seconds which is fine!
Many thanks!
  #8  
Old 02-24-2011, 07:31 PM
Qetzal's Avatar
Qetzal Qetzal is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 10,847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Auckland Parents Centre View Post
Apologies, I was sure I tested for this but indeed Firebug is the culprit here... The loading time now is down to a couple of seconds which is fine!
Many thanks!
Nice to hear that the problem is solved! Yes, it is a well-known fact, that the Firebug addon can slow down the web application, which uses a lot of AJAX. It looks like it tries to track and logs all page changes/requests, and does it a bit slowly.
An interesting thing: Gmail detects that Firebug is running and shows a warning:

__________________
Eugene K.
Ecwid Team

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base

Last edited by qetzal; 02-28-2011 at 12:17 AM.
 
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
slow, wordpress

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:08 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.