The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 12-21-2015, 10:21 PM

General item image quality poor

Hi guys.

I've just started to use yourself as the host for my store and so far I'm happy apart from one aspect, the quality of the general image quality, I know my files are fine as when used as a gallery image they look fine.

Please could you advice. As it look horrid on the new iPad.

Many thanks
G

Www.seventwenty.co.uk
Old 12-22-2015, 06:23 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth hollis View Post
Hi guys.

I've just started to use yourself as the host for my store and so far I'm happy apart from one aspect, the quality of the general image quality, I know my files are fine as when used as a gallery image they look fine.

Please could you advice. As it look horrid on the new iPad.

Many thanks
G

Www.seventwenty.co.uk
Hello!
Thank you for your positive feedback!

If I understood you correctly, you are not satisfied with the quality of the images on the Product Browser page of your Ecwid store, is that right?

The images may look a little blurred because they are automatically compressed to fit the size of the thumbnail on the Product Browser page. The fact that the images you use have text lines inside makes the blurring effect visible.

To make the product images appear a little bigger and clearer on the Product Browser page, I can recommend you to upload .png or .gif images and change the size of Thumbnails (by default they are set to 230x230px).

To change the size of Thumbnails, please:

1.Log in to your Ecwid Control Panel
2.Go to Settings > Design > Thumbnail Sizes
3.Set a larger thumbnail size (e.g. 300px). You can take a look at the screenshot below:

4.Save the changes.

Now the product images should appear clearer.

Just for your interest, there is also a way to make the Product Images on the Product Browser page zoom on hover. The instructions on how to do that you can find in our Knowledge Base.

Do not hesitate to contact us for help if you have any more questions.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.