The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 08-03-2015, 03:11 PM

Exclamation

How do I set this up on my page, and NOT my personal FB account!

I want to set up this app on my page, but it had me switch to my personal FB to sign up. I had seen a forum that said there would be a drop down window to chose what page I wanted to set up the app, but there is not one. Now I have a store ID for my personal FB account, but don't want that! I want it for my page. HOW DO I DO THAT??????
Old 08-03-2015, 08:12 PM
Webpartner

Hey, I think you are confusing the social sign-in feature of Ecwid control panel, where you use your personal Facebook account to prove your identity, with installing Ecwid shop.

Yes, you can sign up for Ecwid usng Facebook account, and that will be your personal account. There is no way to sign in to any third party service as a page, not as a person.

But then as soon as you have an account in Ecwid, you install your shop to a Facebook page - any page you manage.

It's like parking your car in your garage - sure, you have to have both a car and a garage, but anyway you don't start with the garage door or garage keys. You don't drive your garage to cover your car. You start with the car and its own keys and then drive it into the garage, opening its door at some point. The same way you put personally your Ecwid store to any of the Facebook pages you own.

Termion | Helata | Martina

Get 1 year of access to all our current and future themes.

Follow us on Twitter: @thematizr
Old 08-04-2015, 12:23 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita Jacobson View Post
I want to set up this app on my page, but it had me switch to my personal FB to sign up. I had seen a forum that said there would be a drop down window to chose what page I wanted to set up the app, but there is not one. Now I have a store ID for my personal FB account, but don't want that! I want it for my page. HOW DO I DO THAT??????
Hello Anita,

thank you for getting in touch with us. For installing Ecwid store on Facebook, you need to register an account with us and own a Facebook business page.

Follow this link to install the application for the first time or choose another page where you want the store to appear.

To get your store ID, please sign in here. If you have used your personal Facebook account credentials to create an account, select Sign in with Facebook option.

Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
help please