The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 09-22-2014, 09:25 AM

Rental hire system product amount based on number of days selected multiplied by rate

Hi All,

Was there a solution for this same topic posted somewhere?

I have an urgent need for the same solution and its the only thing from holding me back from upgrading and going live with Ecwid. My business is a hire company that rents out equipment that is based on dates. Depending on the dates that are selected, the system will then determine the rate based on how many days is selected.

The longer the rental period the cheaper the rate would become. As another example it would be same principle a car hire company would use to rent out cars.

If someone could please provide me with a solution asap that would be greatly appreciated. Have tried to look at adding options based on days but that get really messy and confusing having to work out how many days you need to hire for and will only lead to mistakes being made by the customer.

Thanks, your help is greatly appreciated here.
Old 09-27-2014, 10:52 PM

Default Rental hire system product amount based on number of days selected multiplied by rate

Hi Team,

I have an urgent need for a solution where my store can be setup to hire out products based on the dates selected (like car rental company's). Depending on the number of days that is selected the store would then choose appropriate rate.

The hire rate would keep cheaper for the longer the rental term.

As an example
1- 7 days could be $100
1-14 days could be $150 etc.

The longer the period selected the cheaper the rate would become.

If someone could please provide me with a solution on how to do this it would be greatly appreciated. I have tried looking at adding different options based on days (as options) but it really messy and confusing for a customer to have to work out what to select. This will only lead to mistakes being made.

Perhaps a script could be used that looks at two datepickers and calculates the number of days multiplied by an appropriate rate which then adds to total for that order?

I'm out of ideas on how to make this work in a simple and efficient way like a car hire company would do.

This is the last major step i need to get sorted so i can confirm that ecwid store is the solution for my business. Once i get passed this i can then upgrade my account to accommodate for all the products I would like to setup.

Thanks for all your help team, it's greatly appreciated

Hi Ecwid,

I need some help please, can someone please get back to me asap.

Stuck on this final hurdle which hopefully is a simple solution so i can get up and running.

Thanks
Tonino

How long does it normally take to get help?

Last edited by Liza; 09-29-2014 at 09:30 AM.
Old 10-01-2014, 04:43 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonino View Post
Hi Team,

I have an urgent need for a solution where my store can be setup to hire out products based on the dates selected (like car rental company's). Depending on the number of days that is selected the store would then choose appropriate rate.

The hire rate would keep cheaper for the longer the rental term.

As an example
1- 7 days could be $100
1-14 days could be $150 etc.

The longer the period selected the cheaper the rate would become.

If someone could please provide me with a solution on how to do this it would be greatly appreciated. I have tried looking at adding different options based on days (as options) but it really messy and confusing for a customer to have to work out what to select. This will only lead to mistakes being made.

Perhaps a script could be used that looks at two datepickers and calculates the number of days multiplied by an appropriate rate which then adds to total for that order?

I'm out of ideas on how to make this work in a simple and efficient way like a car hire company would do.

This is the last major step i need to get sorted so i can confirm that ecwid store is the solution for my business. Once i get passed this i can then upgrade my account to accommodate for all the products I would like to setup.

Thanks for all your help team, it's greatly appreciated

Hi Ecwid,

I need some help please, can someone please get back to me asap.

Stuck on this final hurdle which hopefully is a simple solution so i can get up and running.

Thanks
Tonino

How long does it normally take to get help?
Hello Tonino,

please accept our sincere apologies for keeping you waiting! I assume, that your aim is to make your customers pay for a certain number of days, that they will be using your service, according to the dates selected in the popup calendars from ‘Date Picker’ product options.

Unfortunately, Ecwid doesn’t have a default feature that enables you to change the price in accordance with the number of days that a customer selects in the pop calendars. But I can suggest you the following solution.

Ecwid basically changes a default product price according to the quantity of items in the cart. You can set the default product price that equals the cost of 1-day rent. Thus, if a person adds 1 item into the cart, it will mean he hires your service for 1 day. To keep your customers informed, you may post a note somewhere on your site, that will say, that 1 item equals 1 day of rent.

Following the rule, more days (items) - charge less, you can reduce the initial price by using ‘Bulk discount pricing’ feature. For instance, your fees are the following: 1-7 days - 100$, 1-14 days - 150$, 1-21 days - 200$, 1-30 days - 250$. In these cases, the cost per 1 day will be ~14,2$, ~10,7$, ~9,5$ and ~8,3$ accordingly. You can set the default product price equalling 14,2$ and add the bulk discount rows as shown on the screenshot http://take.ms/jSt8g. Please, note, that Bulk discount feature is available for paid accounts.

In case you offer fixed rental periods like 1 day, a week, a month, you can also use simple product options with price modifiers for products. Set the initial product price to zero and create options ‘1 day’, ‘1 week’, ‘1 month’. Input the price modifier for each option. Add a ‘date picker’ with a label ‘Start date’. If a person needs to hire a car for 5 days, for instance, he can choose 5 items with ‘1 day’ option and select the beginning date.

Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.