The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:49 AM

Default Floating minicart

Dear Ecwid creator,
My website is
http://vtrading.webs.com/shoppingcart.htm
I am in the process of starting my cart and showing it to public soon.
Can you pls give me the code for moving the shopping BAG. I want the bag to move as I scroll down the page. Since I have many rows of products in one page, the products cannot be dragged so high to put in the bag. So I want the bag to move down automatically as any user scrolls down to see more products. This will make the drag and drop option very easy for the buyer.

Awaiting reply
Warm Regards
Dheeraj
Old 10-06-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheerajl View Post
Dear Ecwid creator,
My website is
I am in the process of starting my cart and showing it to public soon.
Can you pls give me the code for moving the shopping BAG. I want the bag to move as I scroll down the page. Since I have many rows of products in one page, the products cannot be dragged so high to put in the bag. So I want the bag to move down automatically as any user scrolls down to see more products. This will make the drag and drop option very easy for the buyer.

Awaiting reply
Warm Regards
Dheeraj
If you do not add Minicart (Bag) widget to your site, it will appear automatically when you add a product to cart. It will float over the site and stay on the same place of the screen when you scroll.

We also have an idea to add an option for the Minicart to work as described above, but always appear on the screen, even when it's empty:
http://ideas.ecwid.com/pages/22031-i...ating-minicart
Old 10-06-2009, 03:33 PM

Dear Olga,
Thank you so much. This has fixed the problem. Now the cart appears on the bottom right and is fine.
Warm Regards
Dheeraj
Old 10-06-2009, 04:48 PM

Dear Ecwid creator / Olga,
My website is
Under Category - I have 1 type of Product. Within this one type of product - I have 100 items. I have uploaded primary details of the 100 items using csv file. But what about the OPTIONS for the product such as SIZE and CLOTH TYPE. This I have to create 100 times for these 100 products. Is there a way I can just create 1 product with a master OPTIONS and just duplicate the settings for the rest of 99 products. Pls remember, while duplicating such details I am just talking about duplicating the OPTIONS setting to other items, and not duplicating the Item no. or Photo.
This option will make setting more items v. fast for me as a seller.

Awaiting reply
Warm Regards
Dheeraj
Old 10-07-2009, 06:55 AM
Administrator

In regards to duplicating the product settings: there will be a way to do this in the upcoming release of Ecwid. The feature will be available in about a month from now.

Please note that we want the information on this forum to be re-usable for all customers. So please post your questions in threads with informative subject.
This thread was about "Floating minicart", so please start new threads when you have new questions.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:20 AM

Dear Ruslan,
There is a problem with the Shopping Bag.
I have IE 7.057 and it has happened many times (5 times) that when I open the cart webpage, the bag is already there with 10-15 items in it (which is ok, no problem). But, then when i click on Open Bag. The bag never opens. And if the bag doesnt open, then the order cannot be processed. I am facing this problem, right now as I am typing this message to you.
I also have Mozilla Firefox 3.0.1, but it is fine in Mozilla, no problem. Because in Mozilla, the shopping bag does not have items already in it and even if it does, the Open Bag feature always works fine.

Awaiting reply
Warm Regards
Dheeraj
Old 10-13-2009, 11:40 AM

Dear Dheeraj,

I've reposted you bug report to our bug tracker system

We will contact you with the update as soon as possible.

Last edited by Liza; 05-19-2015 at 02:17 PM.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
minicart