The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 05-30-2015, 12:55 PM

After removing sign in capabilities now receiving error at checkout

After removing the customer sign in capabilities....when my customers go to checkout and input their info, when they click the submit button, it gives them an error stating they must complete the highlighted area...only there is no highlighted area on the page....I am wondering if it wasn't from the store sign in that I removed using this code

div.ecwid-productBrowser-auth {
display: none;
}
table.ecwid-Checkout-blockTitle button, div.ecwid-Checkout-PasswordBlock {
display:none;
}
div.ecwid-Checkout-blockTitle button.gwt-Button{
}

After looking at my store checkout....I want to keep the email address input but I think the code I used took out the password box which is what the verification is looking for when the submit button is clicked....I don't want the password.

Last edited by Joy Davis; 05-30-2015 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Adding information
Old 06-01-2015, 03:14 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy Davis View Post
After removing the customer sign in capabilities....when my customers go to checkout and input their info, when they click the submit button, it gives them an error stating they must complete the highlighted area...only there is no highlighted area on the page....I am wondering if it wasn't from the store sign in that I removed using this code

div.ecwid-productBrowser-auth {
}
table.ecwid-Checkout-blockTitle button, div.ecwid-Checkout-PasswordBlock {
display:none;
}
div.ecwid-Checkout-blockTitle button.gwt-Button{
}

After looking at my store checkout....I want to keep the email address input but I think the code I used took out the password box which is what the verification is looking for when the submit button is clicked....I don't want the password.
Hi,

Thanks for contacting us.

Actually, when you don't require customers to create accounts on checkout, "Create password" block is optional. You can activate/disable this feature in Control panel > Settings > General > Cart > Checkout settings. As I can see in your Control panel now, creating an account is not mandatory. Thus, if you hide it with CSS, customers should still be able to place orders.

So, I couldn't reproduce the issue in your storefront http://store7054144.ecwid.com/. I went to checkout, didn't get any errors and could place an order, see the screenshot http://take.ms/SO9I3

If the issue still remains, please describe it in more details:
– provide the link to your website where Ecwid is embedded.
– describe what steps you take when the issue happens.
– screenshots can also help.

Hope to hear from you soon.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.