The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:59 PM

Exclamation

Removing Qty label on certain products IN INVOICE

Hi,
I'm hoping this is possible because this is going to be confusing for our customers otherwise.

We have some products with bulk pricing, where we don't have a Qty field, we have radio buttons where they pick their quantity instead. Like I said, these are only some of our products.

When you order one of these products, in the invoice you will see two different "Qty" labels. One is the default ecwid Qty (I have removed the panel in the products themselves but it still shows up here) and the other is our "Bulk Qty".

We would like to remove the default ecwid Qty label on the invoice. However, we have some products that use the default Qty label, so we want to be able to keep it for those products.

Is this possible?

I have included 2 screenshots of this.
Screenshot1 shows the whole summary page.
Screenshot 2 is a close-up of the area.

The Qty label marked in orange is the original ecwid Qty label that we are trying to remove on certain products (such as the one that it is listed under).

The Qty label marked in yellow is the Bulk Qty that we created that we want to keep on certain products.

The Qty label marked in green is the default ecwid Qty label that we want to keep on certain products (such as the one that it is listed under).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot1.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	1705   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot2.png
Views:	71
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	1706  
Old 12-18-2012, 10:52 AM
Ecwid Team

Thank you for detailed explanation and provided screenshots.

Unfortunately, it is pretty difficult to remove "qty" field for particular products only. In order to do this, you will need to develop special script, which will detect what page is loaded now, using our Javascript API. After that you will need to parse the page, find which products has been ordered and hide "Qty" for required items.

Please, note that you will also need to create custom Order Invoice, which will contain quantity for some products only. As you can see this is not as easy as it seems to be.

Could you tell me why you prefer you these settings for bulk discounts instead of standard Ecwid Bulk discount functionality: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/41188517/JavaScript%20API, which allows you to avoid all these changes?

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 12-18-2012, 01:02 PM

Because it's not a discount, it's just bulk pricing.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
certain products, invoice, qty, specific products