The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-01-2014, 05:46 PM

I need to remove the Checkout Now button in Paypal.

I get an error message when I click on the Checkout now button in Paypal. In Firefox the error is, "Please correct highlighted fields." In Google Chrome and Internet Explorer, it says, An Account has not been set up yet. The Paypal and Bill Me Later buttons work fine.

I want to remove the Checkout Not button. In another thread I saw to disable Paypal Standard. It is not enabled. I am using Paypal Advanced. If I disable it, there are no payment options.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:15 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell Supply Company Inc. View Post
I get an error message when I click on the Checkout now button in Paypal. In Firefox the error is, "Please correct highlighted fields." In Google Chrome and Internet Explorer, it says, An Account has not been set up yet. The Paypal and Bill Me Later buttons work fine.

I want to remove the Checkout Not button. In another thread I saw to disable Paypal Standard. It is not enabled. I am using Paypal Advanced. If I disable it, there are no payment options.
Hello,

Quote:
I get an error message when I click on the Checkout now button in Paypal. In Firefox the error is, "Please correct highlighted fields."
The issue is most likely caused by your Firefox extensions and addons.

Let me explain. At the moment you have password block on the checkout hidden by CSS. Before you hid it, you entered the password for the email you currently use to test your store. One of the Firefox extensions remembered the password. Now it prefills the "Password" field on the checkout, however the "Retype password" field remains unfilled. At the same time password block is hidden by CSS in your store, so the highlighted field cannot be seen and filled in.

In order to fix this you need to disable the addon which prefills the fields In Firefox.

Quote:
In Google Chrome and Internet Explorer, it says, An Account has not been set up yet. The Paypal and Bill Me Later buttons work fine.
I've tried to place a test order in your store and was successfully redirected to PayPal side. In case the issue still persists, please, provide me with exact steps on reproducing it and the screenshot of the page where you see "An Account has not been set up yet" message.

Thank you in advance.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:39 AM

Default Remove Checkout Now button

Can't I just remove the checkout now button. Nearly all sales will be 1 time sales or not again for several years until there is another plumbing problem.

I would just like to remove it.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:00 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell Supply Company Inc. View Post
Can't I just remove the checkout now button. Nearly all sales will be 1 time sales or not again for several years until there is another plumbing problem.

I would just like to remove it.
Hello,

The thing is, the issue you are experiencing, the error "Please correct highlighted fields." on the checkout actually has nothing to do with Checkout with PayPal button and will not be fixed by removing the button from your store.

In order to fix the issue you should either remove the CSS code hiding password block in your store from your custom CSS theme in Ecwid control panel on the System settings -> Design -> CSS themes page. Or, more globally, you should disable the FireFox extension which prefills the fields.

Please, let me know if you have any questions.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
checkout button, checkout now, paypal