The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 11-25-2012, 06:29 PM

Exclamation

Large "CHECKOUT" button

Once I have selected a product, and then hit the big CHECKOUT button (not the smaller "go to checkout" button above it)...it takes me back to the main store page. How can this go to the check out page as you would think. It is confusing having 2 checkout buttons. Is there any way to change this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 2.png
Views:	116
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	1668  
Old 11-26-2012, 01:09 PM
Ecwid Team

Ecwid automatically adds "Continue shopping" button, when one item of current product has been added to the cart. Also it adds "Add more" button (if customer want to add one more item) and "Go to checkout" button (if customer want to place an order). Big blue "Continue shopping" button redirects customer to the categories list page and allows him/her to continue shopping.

As far as I can see from your store settings, you have changed "Continuer shopping" button background to "Checkout" button background. As a result, this button looks the same as "Checkout" button on the cart page, but with totally different behavior. Moreover, it is confusing customers as it doesn't do what is written on it.

If you want to have big "Checkout" button on the product detailed page and don't want to use "Continue shopping" button, I suggest you following:
1. Hide "Continue shopping" button using following code:
Code:
div.ecwid-ContinueShoppingButton {
   display: none;
}
2. Change standard "Go to Checkout" button styles and position using following CSS code:
Code:
button.gwt-Button.ecwid-productBrowser-details-openBagButton {
   background: transparent url(icons/checkout.png) no-repeat top center;
  width: 168px;
height: 39px;
content: "";
  border: 0px;
margin: 34px 30px 0 -30px;
}
button.gwt-Button.ecwid-productBrowser-details-openBagButton:active {
  background: transparent url(icons/checkout.png) no-repeat bottom center;
}
3. Hide default "Go to checkout" text using following script (it should be added to the page, where your Ecwid store is installed):
Code:
<script>
ecwidMessages = {
"ProductDetails.open_bag":""
}
</script>

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
checkout button