The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:42 AM

Setting up ORDER API with microsoft excel.

I am moving toward automating my workflow software, but I need all my orders to be in a central spreadsheet. Ecwid has an Order API that seems to be exactly what I need, however, the only info I can find on it does not exactly give me a walk through of HOW to set it up. All the example links on the actual page for the api are dead. Anyone out there that has set up Order API before? Any suggestions? thank you in Advance.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drang View Post
I am moving toward automating my workflow software, but I need all my orders to be in a central spreadsheet. Ecwid has an Order API that seems to be exactly what I need, however, the only info I can find on it does not exactly give me a walk through of HOW to set it up. All the example links on the actual page for the api are dead. Anyone out there that has set up Order API before? Any suggestions? thank you in Advance.
I use the product and order api's extensively. with my links to QuickBooks and Google products.
The docs have been more than adequate.
What issues are you having?

Tim
Old 01-05-2013, 05:14 AM

well, I dont really understand how the api works, is it something that is built into software such as quickbooks that ecwid gives permission to communicate order info, or is it a separate application altogether? basically, I want to be able to have the orders plug into some sort of workflow software that can itemize tasks, in order, so employees can check them off as the product is put through the process.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:41 AM

The api ( Application programming interface) is just a connector to the data.
A program needs to be created to extract the data and format it to your needs.

You basically need to create a program that extracts the orders and formats it to your desired layout.
In my case I format the orders for use with QuickBooks and shipping services.

You may be able to get away with just exporting your orders as a csv file from your control panel.

HTH

Tim
The Following User Says Thank You to mkpsoftware For This Useful Post:
Drang (01-09-2013)
Old 01-08-2013, 12:09 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi,

Tim, thank you for your helpful replies.

Drang, here is the article explaining importing-exporting data in Ecwid:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/26373353/Import-Export

Also, please refer to this article for the details on exporting orders to a CSV file:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/61321037/...20store%20data

As to Ecwid APIs in general, please also refer to this thread:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthre...3769#post53769

Hope that helps.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Ecwid For This Useful Post:
Drang (01-09-2013)
Old 04-14-2016, 02:43 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drang View Post
well, I dont really understand how the api works, is it something that is built into software such as quickbooks that ecwid gives permission to communicate order info, or is it a separate application altogether? basically, I want to be able to have the orders plug into some sort of workflow software that can itemize tasks, in order, so employees can check them off as the product is put through the process.
Hi everyone!

Good news - now it is possible to export the orders from your Ecwid store to Google Sheets using Zapier. Se the step-by-step instructions here: https://help.ecwid.com/customer/port...-google-sheets

Enjoy! =)

Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
api, excel, order, spreadsheet