Old 05-01-2019, 06:24 PM

Is Ecwid plugin compatible with any theme?

I am building my site using Themes Generator and I was wondering if there is any incompatibility with Wcwid plugin.

It's a WordPress theme builder, so I am building my own site... and I'm not sure if this plugin is compatible or not to build my shop.

thanks!
Old 05-02-2019, 08:57 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatty Theodosius View Post
I am building my site using Themes Generator and I was wondering if there is any incompatibility with Wcwid plugin.

It's a WordPress theme builder, so I am building my own site... and I'm not sure if this plugin is compatible or not to build my shop.

thanks!
Hi there,

thanks for your message!

Basically, Ecwid is compatible with any Wordpress theme. Be it a free theme from WordPress catalog, a premium theme by a third-party vendor or a custom-made theme, your Ecwid store will work good with it. The cases of incompatibility are quite rare, and they related mostly to AJAX powered themes. But even in this case, such option can be disabled within the theme settings, so it shouldn't be a problem after all.

Also, our plugin for Wordpress has a built-in Chameleon skin tool that makes Ecwid match the overall look of your Wordpress theme. Whatever theme you use, Chameleon detects the predominant colors of the website (like colors of text, links, background and buttons) and automatically uses them in the store design.

Once you decide to install Ecwid to your WordPress site, please make sure to use our plugin. The installation process is described here: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...Wordpress-site

Hope this will help!
Ecwid Knowlegde Base