The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:29 PM

Carrier-calculated International shipping not calculating correctly

My store has two books that I pack and ship myself via USPS when ordered internationally. However, it seems like a flat rate is being applied when the customer chooses USPS Int 1st Class as the shipping method. Is there a way to have this automatically calculated? I thought that that's what "carrier-calculated" meant, but it isn't happening. For instance, $17 was added as the shipping rate to the UK but the total was a few dollars higher when I packaged it and added postage via my automated Postage Meter.

If there's a way to have the shipping calculated automatically by zip code for international orders, how do I set that up so that the postage amount billed to the customer at checkout is exact?
Old 07-11-2011, 06:34 PM

The carrier calculated shipping methods in Ecwid work like this: when a customer makes an order in your shop and proceeds to checkout, Ecwid queries the carrier's site with the details of order and your settings and enabled methods for that carrier. The carrier's site then responds with some rates and Ecwid displays them without any changes. If you find that the shipping costs for a carrier calculated method are incorrect, please, refer to this article in order to help us correct that http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/23719200/...re%20incorrect

It is possible to partially workaround the undercharged shipping costs for those 2 books by going to their product details page in your Ecwid control panel, and in the Tax and Shipping tab set the Shipping Freight dropdown to Global+Fixed and input the amount of additional fee in the Fixed rate field. This way the amount of Fixed rate multiplied by the number of items of this product bought will be added to the shipping cost calculated by any of your shipping methods, when any of these products is in the shopping bag.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:02 PM

Thanks, Eugene. It turns out that there were some pre-existing user-defined settings that were enabled by the creator of the store, which isn't me. These were labelled Domestic and International and were a fixed rate. I disabled them and enabled USPS parcel post and a couple international settings, and now they are calculating correctly.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:06 PM

Sorry i forgot to say I want to use Royal Mail. I dont see that option on the carrier calculated methods. I only want to ship within the UK on a small scale. I know I cant use Fed Ex cause i need to be churning out a higher volume of goods. Please can you help me. I have noone else to ask.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:01 AM

Unfortunately Royal Mail doesn't provide an API to access their rates as other shipping carriers (USPS, UPS, DHL, FedEx, Australia Post) do. So we cannot just integrate it with Ecwid. That is why, if you would like to use Royal Mail services, you will have to enter their rules as user-defined rates into Ecwid, and update them if they're changed.

Maybe we will add pre-defined Royal Mail rates based on their rules described on their site. It isn't an easy task I should say, because it will require some manual work and updating the list of hard-coded rates every year. Please vote for this idea: http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...port?ref=title
The Following User Says Thank You to Kess For This Useful Post:
Debbie Moore (04-08-2012)
Old 03-30-2012, 08:52 PM

ps ive just changed everything to free shipping. Ive included the cost of postage in items. I cant see any other way of doing it?

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
international, shipping