The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:36 AM

Help with multiple flat rate shipping problem

Hello,
Can someone please help me with my shipping setup on my store, please? Here's my situation:

I have multiple products that have different flat rate shipping rates for USA, Canada, and EU as follows:

Item 1 - $5 Shipping to USA ― $7 Shipping to Canada ― $10 Shipping outside America
Item 2 - $10 Shipping to USA ― $20 Shipping to Canada ― $35 Shipping outside America
Item 3 - USPS calculated shipping based on weight (small item)

Is it possible to have the flat rate based on the most expensive item's shipping rate?

What would be the best way to set this up? Thanks for any help.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:13 AM

Default Is anyone out there?

Does anyone have any feedback on how I should set this up?
Old 03-30-2012, 11:42 AM
Ecwid Team

Currently, you can set only one fixed rate (for all zones) for each product. Unfortunately, it is not possible to set different fixed shipping rates for different destination zones for a single product. If you consider that this functionality should be added in Ecwid, please, vote for this idea here: http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...-for-each-item and we will inform you when it is released.

Currently, you can create user-defined shipping method for different destination zone and set the price for item there. Please, refer to this article for details how to set up user-defined shipping
methods: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853310/...erdefinedrates

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 03-30-2012, 05:21 PM

Hello, I have a similar problem. I have 3 products and I set up the user defined shipping option to assign different shipping rates for each based on USA, Canada, EU....however, here is where im not sure if i set everything up right.... I want to charge 25% of the total price for USA and 30% for Canada and EU. So I assigned the regions to each product, disabled fedex ups usps and set the shipping option on each product to global settings. Should this work? In the example article that you have listed above a fixed dollar amount was set for the different regions however, I want to use percent of total cost differences. Also, do I have to assign a weight to my products in order to use this option? Thanks Wendye
Old 04-04-2012, 06:33 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativesmythe View Post
Hello, I have a similar problem. I have 3 products and I set up the user defined shipping option to assign different shipping rates for each based on USA, Canada, EU....however, here is where im not sure if i set everything up right.... I want to charge 25% of the total price for USA and 30% for Canada and EU. So I assigned the regions to each product, disabled fedex ups usps and set the shipping option on each product to global settings. Should this work? In the example article that you have listed above a fixed dollar amount was set for the different regions however, I want to use percent of total cost differences. Also, do I have to assign a weight to my products in order to use this option? Thanks Wendye
I have checked your store and found out that you set up shipping methods correctly. But you have an error in “USA” and “Canada” destination zones. If you open Ecwid control panel → System settings → Zones you will see that “USA” zone contain “Canada” in countries list and “Canada” - “United States of America”. I recommend you to remove corresponding countries from the zones, in order to calculate shipping cost correctly.

Once you do this shipping cost will be calculated as expected.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maya For This Useful Post:
HookUp Cellular (04-05-2012), wendye walter (04-04-2012)
Old 04-04-2012, 06:56 AM

ok. thanks

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.