The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 08-26-2015, 01:13 PM

Edit 'the store is closed for maintenance' on ecwid

Hi,
I've read through many threads describing the same problem. However, I can't seem to find one which has instructions on editing the 'the store is closed for maintenance' message directly on ecwid itself.

Could someone kindly guide me through on how to insert this javascript on the ecwid store?

<script type="text/javascript">
ecwidMessages = {
"Main.store_closed":"Coming Soon!"
};

Thank you!
Old 08-27-2015, 01:52 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by undefined4977 View Post
Hi,
I've read through many threads describing the same problem. However, I can't seem to find one which has instructions on editing the 'the store is closed for maintenance' message directly on ecwid itself.

Could someone kindly guide me through on how to insert this javascript on the ecwid store?

<script type="text/javascript">
ecwidMessages = {
"Main.store_closed":"Coming Soon!"
};

Thank you!
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Ecwid Customer Care Team.

As I understand, you would like to change some texts in your online store, using this instruction: Custom Translations.

This approach includes adding of a special JavaScript code with the updated labels in the source code of the page, where Ecwid store is installed.

You can apply translation scripts only in case you have an access to the source code of a website. As I understand, you use Ecwid Starter Site as your main selling channel. It is possible to use Starter Site as you main storefront, however you do not have access to it's source code and cannot modify it.

If you want to have more features for your online store (for ex. you would like to change texts using Javascript codes), we recommend to create a website using any web presence platform you like and add your Ecwid store there. You can consider such platforms as Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, etc. Here you’ll find all information about adding your store to different platforms: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...rticles?page=1

If you have other concerns, please feel free to write me back and it will be my pleasure to assist you further. Have a wonderful day!

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
ecwid, javascript, store closed