The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-06-2013, 12:30 AM

Question

Weebly and Ecwid and Search Recognition...oh my!

Up against a brick wall and pulling my hair out. Days of reading and research have taught me just enough to be dangerous but not nearly enough to be effective, and now I'm overwhelmed.

I need someone who can please-oh-please in Steps 1-2-3 tell me what to modify so that the Ecwid catalog and products that I integrated via HTML code onto a Weebly-designed website will get recognized in a site index and 'seen' in crawls.

Right now I can't highlight data via google, I cannot properly upload products to various types of social media and shopping sites and I cannot successfully search for and find my catalog...all because my catalog and its contents are invisible, apparently, unless you stumble into my website and find them there.

I have read about AJax, non-parsing, changing the little hashtag do-hicky thingie in the URL, adding PHP code to the right file (which you can't do in Weebly), creating some alter-list that can be seen by searches, redirects, code-altering and more. I have consulted Weebly forums, Google forms and Ecwid forums. I've been humming Johnny Cash's "I've Been Everywhere" for days and just now realized it. =)

I will gladly stand up and proclaim myself a tech-idiot if someone out there will take me by the hand and lead me to success with this before my brain turns to mush.

A million thank you's in advance.
The Following User Says Thank You to fabswagnet For This Useful Post:
Irina WeWOOD (02-11-2015)
Old 06-06-2013, 02:31 AM

I hate to say it but I don't think it is possible. I did the same as you, made a Weebly site, even making each category have its own page and tried everything I knew to get my products to show up and nothing.

I got all my pages and categories to show up in browsers but none of my products. I am now trying Wordpress and still having some problems but some products are starting to show. My descriptions are still not showing though so I am starting to second guess if things will work. Not good since I already have over 1400 listings
Old 06-12-2013, 07:54 AM
Ecwid Team

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

Please find the details about Google AJAX indexing and Weebly in this post:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showpost...2&postcount=37

In your case, there are two solutions:
1) You can manually create static pages for your products and categories on your site so that they will be in fact separate pages (i.e. not AJAX-driven single store page) which are indexable by Google.
You sitebuilder (Weebly) apparently allows creating pages and filling them with any content. This way, you can create a page for each of your products, fill it with content like product title and description, place the corresponding single HTML product widget on it so there will be the Add to bag button there and publish the page on your site. This way, each page on your site will represent some certain product from your store and yet there will be single cart, checkout and other store functions on your site. Please refer to this article for the details:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853308/...mystoreindexed

2) Choose another sitebuilder/CMS that has a ready Eciwd plugin or supports custom PHP codes.
You can consider using Wordpress or Joomla for your site - we provide free ready plugins for those CMSs. The plugins suport the necessary SEO functions out-of-the-box, so your store will be indexed with them. Another option is using other sitebuilders supporting custom PHP codes or even custom-made website and integrating an Ecwid's SEO module in it as described in this article:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/62638683/...0Ecwid%20store

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 10-13-2013, 04:02 AM

Ok, I am panicking over here a bit. I am also a Weebly user and, after spending the last WEEK importing products and setting up my store, was going to now work on the SEO.

Reading this is like a punch in the gut to me. I am praying there has been some kind of fix or some other alternative to having my products properly indexed! Like maybe within the Ecwid back-end universe? The one solution here of creating a separate page for each product is simply not a valid solution for me with currently 175 products and potentially hundreds more over time. That would take forever and make my Weebly back-end a complete mess.

And, my home is with Weebly. I have several sites there and have spent the last couple of years learning their system to be able to create great sites with ease.

So, I am keeping my fingers crossed over here as I have so far been really impressed with the level of knowledge and expertise of the Ecwid team and hope you have been working on addressing this issue.

Look forward to hearing from you.

~ Antonio ~
Old 10-17-2013, 03:21 AM

Default OH NO! No Weebly SEO = No Google Analytics?

Hi Again,
I sure am hope one of you tech geniuses reads this as my last post here was not responded to yet although I am pretty resigned to the fact that all the work I am doing on my store will ever to show up in search engines. So, hoping some work arounds will still help my store be present.

But, as I am now digging in further here and now have over 2000 products in my store, I am starting to think about sales reports and tracking and see that Ecwids solution is to use Google Analystics! I believe this spells trouble for me with my non indexed shopping cart...

So, the basic question here is, am I correct in assuming that now I can not use Google Analytics for my sales reports because their tracking will not work on my store because it is not being seen or indexed by web crawlers?

PLEASE HELP! If Google Analytics will not work for me, what other options do I have for sales reports and tracking??? (Something besides exporting and needing to generate a report in excel).

Thank You!
Old 10-17-2013, 05:12 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Antonio View Post
Ok, I am panicking over here a bit. I am also a Weebly user and, after spending the last WEEK importing products and setting up my store, was going to now work on the SEO.

Reading this is like a punch in the gut to me. I am praying there has been some kind of fix or some other alternative to having my products properly indexed! Like maybe within the Ecwid back-end universe? The one solution here of creating a separate page for each product is simply not a valid solution for me with currently 175 products and potentially hundreds more over time. That would take forever and make my Weebly back-end a complete mess.

And, my home is with Weebly. I have several sites there and have spent the last couple of years learning their system to be able to create great sites with ease.

So, I am keeping my fingers crossed over here as I have so far been really impressed with the level of knowledge and expertise of the Ecwid team and hope you have been working on addressing this issue.

Look forward to hearing from you.

~ Antonio ~
Hello,

Sorry, but as we explained earlier, to make your store indexable using Google AJAX indexing approach, you will need to change the server part of your site's functionality. That's also explained in the corresponding Google doc. And since Weebly doesn't allow to do such customizations, it's not possible to implement this approach there. And the only possible ways to make the store indexable by search engines in this case are listed in my message above:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthre...6842#post86842

I must also say that search engines is not the only way to get traffic to your store. It's not even the best one. There are many other approaches, many of which have proven to be more reliable than SE. I am not saying nobody needs SEO, but if you have no choice, you should surely consider alternative ways to attract customers. Please see this article for the details:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853308/...tractcustomers

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 10-17-2013, 05:13 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Antonio View Post
So, the basic question here is, am I correct in assuming that now I can not use Google Analytics for my sales reports because their tracking will not work on my store because it is not being seen or indexed by web crawlers?
You can use Google analytics with Ecwid on any site. All you will need to do is to put your Google Analytics ID into your control panel. More details: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/23947993/Google%20Analytics .

The thing is web crawlers do not directly participate in GA processes. The part that generates and sends data to your GA profile is your store, not a crawler. So, wherever your Ecwid store is installed, it will automatically sends the info about visitors, conversions etc. to your Google Analytics account, where you will be able to generate the corresponding reports.

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Ecwid For This Useful Post:
Brother Antonio (10-17-2013)
Old 10-17-2013, 05:21 PM

Whew.... That is good news - about the Google Analytics. That was more important to me than the SEO at this point as I am somewhat crafty at getting good traffic to a site. So thanks for the suggestions and your quick attention Makfruit! Your tech team being so responsive is what is for sure keeping me here at Ecwid and willing to attempt to work around some of the missing features that I wish I had. And, I am confidently hopeful in my sense that behind the scenes you are listening to all of our suggestions and that things will keep getting better here in the Ecwid Universe!

спасибо
The Following User Says Thank You to Brother Antonio For This Useful Post:
Matt Ecwid (10-18-2013)
Old 12-08-2015, 04:45 PM

As of October 2015, supposedly Google will start indexing ajax pages automatically, so it shouldnt be a problem with Weebly websites. If your pages are still not getting indexed, you can do it manually. Here's how...

First, you need to make single product pages for each product. Here's a sample of HTML to do this.

<div> <script type='text/javascript' src='https://app.ecwid.com/script.js?7138370'></script> <script type='text/javascript'> xProductBrowser("categoriesPerRow=3","views=grid(3 ,3) list(10) table(20)","categoryView=grid","searchView=list"," style=","defaultCategoryId=13450469"); </script> </div>

<script>
if (!document.location.hash) {
document.location.hash = '#!/Photo-Block-Crystal/p/52470255/category=13450469';
}
</script>

Then, you need to tell Google what you want it to read. You can tell Google all of your product information, to include images, price, description, and anything else you want to add. You can find this code at https://schema.org/Product. Here is a sample from my website:

<script type="application/ld+json">
{
"@context": "http://schema.org",
"@type": "Product",
"name": "Photo Block Crystal",
"image": "http://www.heartpress.ph/files/theme/photo-block.jpg",
"description": "This Photo Crystal is a great souvenir for your loved ones! They will love the polished look of their treasured memory, as they look at their display every day. It's clear transparency keeps it looking shiny and beautiful in the morning sun. Please note that this item may be configured with both image and text. Simply upload your desired photo during checkout. Crystal items often require gluing. We typically do not offer this service for shipping items to ensure a safe delivery. We highly recommend a strong bonding adhesive for attaching the photo to the base. For more questions and concerns, please contact us.",
"offers": {
"@type": "Offer",
"availability": "In Stock",
"price": "420",
"priceCurrency": "PHP"
}
}
</script>

Google will read all of this information, and doesn't need to go through ajax to do so. Also, it provides schema markup for your product. All of the pages will automatically be submitted to your Weebly sitemap, which can then be crawled by Google by indexing it in your Google Webmaster Tools.

You can view my sample product page at http://www.heartpress.ph/photo-block-crystal.html
The Following User Says Thank You to Heart Press For This Useful Post:
ginger (12-09-2015)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.