The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 10-10-2018, 08:47 AM

Migrating everything from x-cat to ecwid

I have a x-cart store and I think it has finally come to the time I need to migrate away from xcart. So can I :-

1. Import customers and their data
2. Import Order history (I dont think I can but open to suggestions)
3. Import all product options
4. Import xcart Global product options

What are peoples thoughts - should I install into the same shop directory and try and keep the existing urls in place ? - lots of these existing url's are indexed and rank on Google page #1 - so I need to keep this in place if at all possible.

What are you thoughts and has anybody done the above scenario - I'd love to know your experience and warnings - thanks in advance
Old 10-11-2018, 01:13 PM
Ecwid Team

Hello!
My name is Anastasia, Ecwid Support. Thank you for contacting us! I will be glad to help you.

You can transfer the product catalog and customers from your existing store to Ecwid with the help of the Ecwid Import tool. We prepared a detailed instruction on how to migrate your store to Ecwid, please have a look: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...store-to-Ecwid

If you need to transfer the products with options, you can use a special X-cart format. Please refer to this article for more details: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...rmat-and-Ecwid

As for the indexed pages, it may be possible to create a redirect from the existing X-cart store product pages to the corresponding Ecwid product pages. So the already indexed pages will redirect the visitors to your new store. You can contact X-cart Support to check how it can be accomplished.

I hope this will be helpful for you.
Please, let us know if you have any further questions.
Old 09-30-2019, 03:12 PM

I have a question re this -

What about exporting the users details / order history from xcart to ecwid ?
Old 10-02-2019, 12:01 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi Judy,

This is Andrew from Ecwid Team. Thank you for your question.

Yes, it is possible to import customers via CSV file please read more: Importing customers – Ecwid Help Center

As for the order I am afraid it is not possible as Ecwid and X-cart are different shopping carts and the order placed in X-cart store will remain in X-cart store.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
migration xcart ecwid, x-cart, xcart