The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:18 AM

Smile

I'm visible: GDRL

I am so excited that I have accomplished so much. Thanks ECWID!

Now I am ready to start testing and filling in the areas I skipped but here are some links:

Store: Graphic Designer Rebecca Lea™

Mobile Site

And I placed a mini-cart widget here.

If you find anything real obviously wrong; well I posted here so you might tell me.

Question: That sign in spot on the top right; Is that mandatory for the customer in order to get to the Gateway for payment?

Question: If you have a Google Check-out account with another venue , do you set up another one for this venue OR can you use the same ID and KEY?

Thanks ahead of time for any answers or critiques.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:45 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca lea View Post
I am so excited that I have accomplished so much. Thanks ECWID!

Now I am ready to start testing and filling in the areas I skipped but here are some links:

Store: Graphic Designer Rebecca Lea™

Mobile Site

And I placed a mini-cart widget here.

If you find anything real obviously wrong; well I posted here so you might tell me.

Question: That sign in spot on the top right; Is that mandatory for the customer in order to get to the Gateway for payment?

Question: If you have a Google Check-out account with another venue , do you set up another one for this venue OR can you use the same ID and KEY?

Thanks ahead of time for any answers or critiques.
Rebecca,

1. I suggest to make your left menu with categories a little smaller: http://kb.ecwid.com/How-to-change-ca...icalCategories

2. The Sign-in link isn't necessary, you can remove it: http://kb.ecwid.com/How-to-remove-%22Sign-In%22-link

3. As I know, you can use the same Id and Key.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 05-05-2010, 04:37 PM

Looks fabulous, you have a wonderful eye!
One thing that I would suggest though, is to disable empty categories. Less stuff for people to clicky clicky and more time spendy spendy!
Old 05-05-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganesha Xi View Post
Looks fabulous, you have a wonderful eye!
One thing that I would suggest though, is to disable empty categories. Less stuff for people to clicky clicky and more time spendy spendy!
How do you do that?
Old 05-05-2010, 06:33 PM

Catalog - Categories - Choose your category, and next to name is "Disable" and save. It saves the category, but hides it from the main site.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:34 PM

thank you - I didn't see that.

I have many things to accomplish this week with the shopping cart. Deep breath and mantra: yes, I can....
Old 05-12-2010, 04:48 AM

I managed to make some changes and working my way through the design process. Wasn't quite as scary as one might think. I am beginning to see the light; or at least it feels good to think so for the moment. Take a look - I got the vertical font smaller, a drop shadow insert on the photos, and the submit button removed. A lot of reading in the knowledge base was accomplished.

Now to work on those pieces or art that are missing from the categories. I do have items but have been taking photos. Darn grey skies. But Ganesha Xi, I hope some day my categories are actually empty and I will remember to hide it. Thanks for the info.

Last edited by rebecca lea; 05-12-2010 at 04:55 AM.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganesha Xi View Post
Catalog - Categories - Choose your category, and next to name is "Disable" and save. It saves the category, but hides it from the main site.
thanks for the info.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:42 AM

Default Can someone post the link ...

I am looking for the link that tells me how to take out all that form entry stuff upon checkout.

If I have PayPal and Google Checkout only - wouldn't it be a duplicate process for the buyer? I don't need anything but what comes out from PayPal or Google Checkout.

I'm thinking I read about the take it out ... but I wasn't ready. Any help pointing to the info OR

maybe I can't find it because it isn't possible?

Thanks in advance.

My store looks different now and still very pleased.

rl
Old 05-14-2010, 12:09 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca lea View Post
I am looking for the link that tells me how to take out all that form entry stuff upon checkout.

If I have PayPal and Google Checkout only - wouldn't it be a duplicate process for the buyer? I don't need anything but what comes out from PayPal or Google Checkout.

I'm thinking I read about the take it out ... but I wasn't ready. Any help pointing to the info OR

maybe I can't find it because it isn't possible?

Thanks in advance.

My store looks different now and still very pleased.

rl

Rebecca,

So you don't want to use our checkout process and use PayPal and Google Checkout only. Right?
In this case just disable the usual payment methods and enable PayPal Express Checkout and Google Checkout.

When customer opens the cart page, he/she will see two buttons: PayPal and Google Checkout`s ones.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
ecwid, gdrl