The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 12-28-2011, 01:27 PM

Question

How to use product browser with my individual site pages? - Thanks in advance!

Hello.. first of all, Thanks SO much for Ecwid! I have been having a great time setting up my store. I have searched for this topic on the threads and knowledge base but surprisingly, I have not found any thread that asks or answers this particular question.

I love the product browser and have installed it on my main store page, and I have set it up to display the category I want by default (I only have 1 category, which contains all of my 10 products). Since I only have 10 products to sell, I am happy to create 10 product pages (site pages), 1 for each product.

My question is, how do I set this up so that when people click on each product from the product browser, they will be directed to my own individual site page? Is there a way to change the link that each item is directed to? So I want to use a variation of the product browser on my main store page, but have it link to site pages, where each page will include a product widget.

I hope my question is clear.

Thank you VERY much in advance!
Old 12-28-2011, 02:37 PM

PS:
Just thought I'd add that I am seriously considering upgrading to the paid version of Ecwid, and will in all likelihood be doing so in the next week or so. But even if/when I upgrade to the paid version, I would still like to do this, instead of using the "Inline SEO" option. I want to be able to create a page for each of my products myself, and have the main store page link to each of my pages when you click on each thumbnail (using the product browser)...

Thanks again!
Old 01-06-2012, 11:34 AM
Ecwid Team

Product links in products list can't be changed manually as they are generated by Ecwid. However, you can redirect your customers when they try to open product page inside the same Product browser widget, to separate store page. This can be done using our Javascript API

Please, refer to this article for details: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/48172585/...xternal%20site

You can show specific product on separate page with one of following ways described here: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/23947713/...20by%20default

We are very glad to know that you are going to support our team and subscribe to Silver plan. If you have any questions regarding this, please, feel free to ask.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
product browser, site pages