The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-26-2017, 08:21 AM

remove first character from a variable ${order.total} in email

I want to know if it is possible to display the order price variable ${order.total} in a way that is does not show the currency - just the amount

example ${order.total} would display as $10.00 where as I want to be able to display it as 10.00

The reason for this is that I want to add it to a link in the customer email notification that will say www.payme.com/domain/10.00 - which takes them to a link which asks for $10.00
Old 06-27-2017, 11:05 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy Smith View Post
I want to know if it is possible to display the order price variable ${order.total} in a way that is does not show the currency - just the amount

example ${order.total} would display as $10.00 where as I want to be able to display it as 10.00

The reason for this is that I want to add it to a link in the customer email notification that will say www.payme.com/domain/10.00 - which takes them to a link which asks for $10.00
Hi Judy,

This is Wendy from Ecwid team. Thanks a lot for getting in touch with us.

As I understand, you'd like to display the order total value without currency symbol in mail notifications. It is possible to achieve what you want by replacing order total variable, i.e. ${order.total}, with the following variable:

Code:
${toNumber(order.total)?string["0.00"]}
Please note, if you'd like to accept credit/debit card payments in your online store, you can choose any of the integrated payment options listed here: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...canIuseinEcwid

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 06-27-2017, 05:37 PM

I spoke to customer support yesterday who informed me this couldnt be done. So instead I removed the $ currency symbol from the ecwid settings instead - which worked, I then hard coded the $currency symbol into the various emails.

Now I have just read this - I will try it out and update - many many thanks for this Wendy

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
currency symbol removal