The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-17-2012, 09:25 AM

Smile

catageory titles not centred

hi can someone please take a look at my store and tell me why the catageory titles are'nt centred under the photo's - its driving me nuts :-)

http://www.ironcave.co.uk/store/

Thank you in advance
Old 03-17-2012, 12:28 PM

its ok i think ive sorted it now - changed the alignment from center to left and it seems to look a bit better :-)
Old 03-17-2012, 08:00 PM

I figured it out, checkout my post for the answer. It'll work with your system as well, I edited your site with firefox and everything looked good.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:13 AM

The category titles and images are horizontally centered in Ecwid by default. On your site, the category titles were also centered, until you left aligned them with a rule in your Ecwid CSS theme; the category images, however, were left aligned due to this rule in your site's theme:
Code:
.art-article th, .art-article td {
    border: 1px solid #696969;
    padding: 2px;
    text-align: left;
    vertical-align: top;
}
The line highlighted in bold makes all the table cells in the body of an article on your site left aligned uconditionally.

To overcome the effect of that rule you can add the following code to Ecwid CSS theme:
Code:
table.ecwid-productBrowser-subcategories-mainTable td {
    text-align: center;
}
But before you do that, please, check your current code in your Ecwid CSS theme: there is a syntax error there. In this code:
Code:
 div.ecwid-productBrowser-subcategories-categoryName {
    font: normal 19px "trebuchet MS", helvetica, verdana, sans-serif;
    color: #4b4b4b;
    margin-top: 15px;
td.ecwid-productBrowser-productsGrid-cell {
padding: 0px 10px;
}
You need to add a } (closing curly bracket) befor the line highlighted in bold here, so that the code reads as:
Code:
div.ecwid-productBrowser-subcategories-categoryName {
    font: normal 19px "trebuchet MS", helvetica, verdana, sans-serif;
    color: #4b4b4b;
}
td.ecwid-productBrowser-productsGrid-cell {
padding: 0px 10px;
}
This code is correct and does not have errors in it.

So, in order to center align your category images you need to add the code I suggested above after this corrected code. To leave the category center aligned you also need to remove the line that I underlined in the last bit of the code.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:56 PM

hi thanks for your help - but when i did what you said - the text under the pictures moved over to the right - seems ok now but i have to align to left :

one more thing where do i change the vertical menu colours - i have copied the css bit - changed the colours but it doesnt work ? any ideas - thanks again
Old 03-22-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Cave View Post
hi thanks for your help - but when i did what you said - the text under the pictures moved over to the right - seems ok now but i have to align to left :

one more thing where do i change the vertical menu colours - i have copied the css bit - changed the colours but it doesnt work ? any ideas - thanks again
Sorry, I'm a bit lost now. Your initial request was:

Quote:
catageory titles not centred
hi can someone please take a look at my store and tell me why the catageory titles are'nt centred under the photo's - its driving me nuts :-)
Your category images were aligned to the left due to your site's CSS, which was not consistent with category names under them, centered by default. So I told you how to center the category images. That code shouldn't right-align anything.

Now you say
Quote:
i have to align to left
which is exactly what you have so far on the site.

So can you please tell me what exactly you need?

As to color of vertical categories, it currently follows this rule from your Ecwid CSS theme:
Code:
span.ecwid-categories-category {
font: normal 13px "trebuchet MS", helvetica, verdana, sans-serif;
color: #FFF8DC;
white-space: nowrap;
}
If you need to change it, please, locate this code in your current Ecwid CSS theme and change the color value to the one you need.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eugene Rimmer For This Useful Post:
Iron Cave (03-27-2012)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.