The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 07-01-2014, 03:35 AM

Question

Payment method for non credit card holders

I do not possess a credit card and have no possibility to make one here as a foreigner in Thailand.
I have till now being using PayPal as my sole method of accepting payments. However, this year, it seems that criminals have found out, that all they need to do is make a complaint that the products does not look exactly like the image in the website and PayPal, refunds the money and lets them keep the item too!

They have done this five times in the last few months and have lost a couple of thousand dollars, and the goods!

So I cannot accept allowing PayPal to manipulate my funds, and give customers both my goods, and the money back.

I have looked through all the payment methods in Ecwid.com and I do not see any other way which I can accept money without having a credit card

All all of my three shops a switched off, and I have to say bye-bye to $20,000 a month which I was making, until I can find a different solution.

I don't think there is another solution on planet at the moment - can anybody suggest an alternative for people who do not possess a credit card, and wish to take online payments?

If Not I can't use my store anymore. You can't just let people steal my goods and keep the money to and PayPal have proved themselves to be completely powerless to protect the merchant

In fact, they don't even make any sense when they return the funds without seeing that the goods have been returned to the sender first ...it's complete madness

Thanks in advance for anybody who might know a solution.

P.s. Thanks Ecwid for finally adding the ability to upload attachments instead of forcing us to upload somewhere else and put a link that's the best way to get people to be helpful with attachments thanks for finally doing it it's not insecure but I don't know why you didn't do it from the beginning. However, for this post I do not need an attachment but I wanted to comment on that too
Old 07-07-2014, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thailand Amulets 2 View Post
I do not possess a credit card and have no possibility to make one here as a foreigner in Thailand.
I have till now being using PayPal as my sole method of accepting payments. However, this year, it seems that criminals have found out, that all they need to do is make a complaint that the products does not look exactly like the image in the website and PayPal, refunds the money and lets them keep the item too!

They have done this five times in the last few months and have lost a couple of thousand dollars, and the goods!

So I cannot accept allowing PayPal to manipulate my funds, and give customers both my goods, and the money back.

I have looked through all the payment methods in Ecwid.com and I do not see any other way which I can accept money without having a credit card

All all of my three shops a switched off, and I have to say bye-bye to $20,000 a month which I was making, until I can find a different solution.

I don't think there is another solution on planet at the moment - can anybody suggest an alternative for people who do not possess a credit card, and wish to take online payments?

If Not I can't use my store anymore. You can't just let people steal my goods and keep the money to and PayPal have proved themselves to be completely powerless to protect the merchant

In fact, they don't even make any sense when they return the funds without seeing that the goods have been returned to the sender first ...it's complete madness

Thanks in advance for anybody who might know a solution.

P.s. Thanks Ecwid for finally adding the ability to upload attachments instead of forcing us to upload somewhere else and put a link that's the best way to get people to be helpful with attachments thanks for finally doing it it's not insecure but I don't know why you didn't do it from the beginning. However, for this post I do not need an attachment but I wanted to comment on that too
Thank you very much for the message.

And thank you for the kind words! Your opinion is the great value for us.

So, please, correct me if I'm wrong. If you are not able to accept Credit Card payments, you are able to accept offline payment via wire transfer. Western union or wire transfer to bank account, for example.

Interesting information, some online payment methods can accept wire transfer payments, for example 2co: https://www.2checkout.com/documentat...rnational-wire

It could be used as an alternative for bank account, if necessary. One big minus - huge fees.

Anyway, you can configure any comfortable offline payment method. Please, refer to the following article in our KB: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...paymentmethods

Please, do not hesitate to ask any questions.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
payment, paypal, refunds