The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 09-09-2015, 12:50 PM
Webpartner

Adjust Shipping Automatically based on Product Options

Adjust Shipping Automatically based on Product Options

Hello I wish for Ecwid to change the shipping amount automatically based on the product options rather than the user having to click the shipping option in the checkout progress.

For example

I have a product that costs £40 + £4 postage with an option to order a sample but the samples are free to deliver. How is best to achieve this?

Many thanks
Old 09-10-2015, 11:35 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your question!

At the moment in Ecwid it is not possible to change the shipping methd basing on the options selected, sorry. If you believe this idea could be useful for other users, please register it in our Ideas Base to get notified by email when it is implemented.

In the meanwhile I can suggest adding shipping costs as price modifiers for options (http://take.ms/7Erxl). The samples that are shipped for free will have zero price modifiers.

Please refer here for more details about setting options in Ecwid: https://help.ecwid.com/customer/portal/articles/1165516.

Thank you!

Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 09-11-2015, 01:19 PM
Webpartner

Hello thanks for your reply. I have already tried to add a price modifier as a minus figure so the total would be £1 after postage costs but it wont let me enter a price that brings the total to less than the product price.

I have added my request to your Ideas Base. Thank you

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
ecwid, options, product, shipping