The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-15-2016, 12:29 AM
eclipsegallery's Avatar
eclipsegallery is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1
Default


This is the one I am working on www.eclipsegallery.net, not a bad design right?! haha, but i am having some troubles, please help me!

1. a changeling one: want to insert the store in the homepage, did it.I have my menu/navigation designed, how to build the links in between? now there are no links. want to redirect the links of the store on the homepage to my navigation/menu, then from my menu, goes to my designed pages, then to store's products page... haha.. hope i didn't get you confused ... basic: store link on homepage -to- my menu of homepage(didn't work) -to- my designed pages(works) -to- store link 2nd click (didn't work,also need to match each category)

2. in my product page, i have the name of artists... how to be able build a link/category with that, so when you click the name, you will see all his works.

3. How to hide the "in stock" text in product page.

4. Can any body give me a search feature html code, I've got one you saw on the web, didnt like it. like the one on ecwid.com..just something simple icon. can anybody have that code?

Many thanks

Last edited by Cyril D; 01-30-2016 at 11:07 PM.
  #2  
Old 01-30-2016, 11:54 PM
Cyril D's Avatar
Cyril D Cyril D is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Ecwid HQ
Posts: 530
Default

Hello there,

Thanks for reaching us out and sorry for the delayed reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsegallery View Post
1. a changeling one: want to insert the store in the homepage, did it.I have my menu/navigation designed, how to build the links in between? now there are no links. want to redirect the links of the store on the homepage to my navigation/menu, then from my menu, goes to my designed pages, then to store's products page... haha.. hope i didn't get you confused ... basic: store link on homepage -to- my menu of homepage(didn't work) -to- my designed pages(works) -to- store link 2nd click (didn't work,also need to match each category)
I've tried to look at your website but it looks like you haven't published it publically yet, so I couldn't check it out. Anyway, I've searched for your Ecwid account and found out that you registered it via our partner—Websitebuilder.com.

As you may know, there are two methods to add an Ecwid store withing a Sitebuilder's website:
  1. Using their built-in widget for e-commerce.
  2. Using the "Custom HTML" widget and the integration code for your store.

The thing is in both cases Suitebuilder adds Ecwid stores to its pages within iframes and due to limitations of iframes (and Suitebuilder’s integration), customers can’t use direct links to certain pages in Ecwid. You may get an idea of what I’m talking about if you open your Starter Site (what it is). The URL in the address bar changes when you navigate through the store. This doesn’t happen in case of Suitebuilder, unfortunately. So, I'm afraid it's not possible to get a direct link to a product or directory that would work within Sitebuilder's websites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsegallery View Post
2. in my product page, i have the name of artists... how to be able build a link/category with that, so when you click the name, you will see all his works.
As I can see, you've added artist names as a product attribute . Due to that fact, the names can be searched using the search box widget or, if you want to use a link that leads to the search results with a specific artist, you can use the Product Filter API. With this API you can create a link with different search parameters, with the "Brand" attribute since you use it for the artist names. For example, a link may look like:

Code:
http://yourwebsite.com/store#!/~/search/fieldBrand=Stephan%20Schlanser
However, I should notice that won't work within Websitebuilder's sites since you can use direct links to "internal" store pages as I've mentioned above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsegallery View Post
3. How to hide the "in stock" text in product page.
Most the changes in the design of Ecwid store can be done by means of CSS codes. All such codes should be added to an active CSS theme in the Ecwid Control Panel → Settings → Design → Custom CSS Themes (direct link). To hide the "In stock" label use the below CSS code:

Code:
/* Hide the "In stock" label in the product details */
div.ecwid-productBrowser-details-inStockLabel { display: none; }
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsegallery View Post
4. Can any body give me a search feature html code, I've got one you saw on the web, didnt like it. like the one on ecwid.com..just something simple icon. can anybody have that code?
As I understand, you're referring to our search box widget. The widget can be also changed using CSS codes. We have an article on the matter that will help you to get an idea.

You can learn more about managing the Ecwid layout in our articles about changing Ecwid design and customizing Ecwid CSS.

Hope this helps!
__________________
Cyril D.
Ecwid Customer Care Team

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
 
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:17 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.