The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:11 AM

Is it just me or did the last update remove the "ecwid-random-thumbnail" class when using the random products shortcode? I had a 'CSS insert' for my theme that was controlling some image attributes of the widget using the class as a reference. It stopped working when I updated the pluging so I went into the code and added the class.

I don't think I created the class before--at least I don't remember doing so!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Hanson View Post
Is it just me or did the last update remove the "ecwid-random-thumbnail" class when using the random products shortcode? I had a 'CSS insert' for my theme that was controlling some image attributes of the widget using the class as a reference. It stopped working when I updated the pluging so I went into the code and added the class.

I don't think I created the class before--at least I don't remember doing so!
Yes, you are right. I have removed this class, because when I did the refactoring, I found that it was not used anywhere, so I thought it was useless. Anyway, I will add to the future release as a backward compatibility.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:22 PM

In case others are interested, I am using the CSS class to tweak the dimensions of the thumbnails. This achieves two goals. First, it allows them to shrink and fit better into my sidebar. Second, and more importantly (to me) because the source files are twice as big as my tweaked thumbnail dimensions, they appear with incredible clarity on high DPI "retina" screens like the new iPad. Of course, this also means that on PCs the browser is downsizing the images on the fly because of the source dimension size mismatch, but for me, that's an acceptable trade-off to achieve crystal clear thumbnails when it matters.

So, having that class was very helpful! Thanks for putting it back in!

Last edited by Randy Hanson; 05-03-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:31 PM

I had just posted a bug on the tracker, but I was informed that the plugin is not part of ecwid, so I will repeat it here. see http://www.ecwid.com/bt/view.php?id=10463

Summary 0010463: Random products plugin creates errors
Description WHAT STEPS WILL REPRODUCE THE PROBLEM?

1. Activate random products plugin

WHAT IS THE EXPECTED RESULT?

Show random product. Worked until recently

WHAT HAPPENS INSTEAD?

Error message:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ecwid-useful-tools/classes/Product.php on line 12

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ecwid-useful-tools/classes/Product.php on line 79

PLEASE PROVIDE ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION BELOW. PROVIDE URL AND ATTACH A SCREENSHOT IF POSSIBLE.

I have only one product, with 30 items in stock. Befor, it simply showed the product, now errors

It is not just my shop, https://www.google.com/search?q=Warn...php+on+line+79 gives 642 shops with same problem...

Thanks for any light you can shed!
Old 05-04-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Kikstra View Post
I had just posted a bug on the tracker, but I was informed that the plugin is not part of ecwid, so I will repeat it here. see http://www.ecwid.com/bt/view.php?id=10463

Summary 0010463: Random products plugin creates errors
Description WHAT STEPS WILL REPRODUCE THE PROBLEM?

1. Activate random products plugin

WHAT IS THE EXPECTED RESULT?

Show random product. Worked until recently

WHAT HAPPENS INSTEAD?

Error message:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ecwid-useful-tools/classes/Product.php on line 12

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ecwid-useful-tools/classes/Product.php on line 79

PLEASE PROVIDE ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION BELOW. PROVIDE URL AND ATTACH A SCREENSHOT IF POSSIBLE.

I have only one product, with 30 items in stock. Befor, it simply showed the product, now errors

It is not just my shop, https://www.google.com/search?q=Warn...php+on+line+79 gives 642 shops with same problem...

Thanks for any light you can shed!
Could you please let me know whether you are using any kind of cache plugins in your Wordpress? If so, please try to disable it and then enable it back.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:37 PM

Hi Tony. I use W3 Total Cache. Just deactivated that and reactivated the plugin/widget, but errors persist.
Note that it used to work before, with W3tc on, so it must have been a change in Ecwid, the plugin or WP that causes the errors.

Thanks
Old 05-04-2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Kikstra View Post
Hi Tony. I use W3 Total Cache. Just deactivated that and reactivated the plugin/widget, but errors persist.
Note that it used to work before, with W3tc on, so it must have been a change in Ecwid, the plugin or WP that causes the errors.

Thanks
Thank you for tests.

Could you please try to disable the W3 Total Cache temporarily and test your Random Products with having it disabled? Please, let me know the results.

Thank you.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:50 PM

Yes, that is what I just did, see previous message. But problem persists with w3tc off
Old 05-04-2012, 01:57 PM

@Harry pmed you
Old 05-06-2012, 04:23 PM

Default Random Product Widget stopped working

@Tony,

After updating to the latest ecwid version today, my Random Products widget also stopped working. Instead of errors, though, the title displays with blank space below where the image/link should be. I have not updated any code from your original. I am not using any cacheing plugins at all; in fact the site is so new that I have very few plugins enabled. DM me if you have any questions. Site is www.loosebeads.com.

Kimberly

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
ecwid, plugin, products, random, random products, random products plugin, stylesheet, wordpress