The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-03-2014, 04:12 PM

Can I use Ecwid Variations to sell tickets?

Hi everyone,

I've been looking for a way to sell tickets to an interactive horror tour of a haunted house. I'm looking to use ecwid to sell the tickets on a wix website I've already set up, but it's fairly complicated.

What I'd like to do is sell the tickets by tour, then date, then timeslot, then number of people (2 - 4), then either concession or full price. And make sure there is only one of each timeslot available. The real clincher is, I'd like to set it up in such a way that each choice affects the others. So, if someone wanted to see the first tour, they'd choose that option, then all the available dates that are not yet sold out pop up. Then, when they pick a date, the timeslots that are still available pop up.

Whether that timeslot has two or four people, or is full price or not can already be done with variants, but my question was whether the Product Variations available in the business pricing plan can do that? Or if not, is that even possible on ecwid? Or is there an easier of doing this that I haven't thought of yet?

Thanks for your time,

Jonathan
Old 03-05-2014, 04:58 PM

Hello and welcome to Ecwid!

In Ecwid you are able to add a datepicker as a product option. In your control panel -> Catalog -> Products -> product page -> Options tab you can create as many different options for your products as you want.
More details on the options feature: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853269/...our%20products

So you can add “Pick the date” option to the product with selections of dates available.

Different prices for different product sets for reserved dates, could be achieved using the Product Variations functionality. For example you can create several products ‘ticket for date mm/dd/yyyy tt:tt’ with options and with extra options: number of people (2 - 4). Each variant will affect the price and stock.

Unfortunately, the functionality which allows forming the list of options depending on the previously selected option, like in your case, has not been developed yet.

If you consider that this functionality should be added in Ecwid, please, vote for this idea here:http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-... and we will inform you when it is released.

I hope you'll find this information useful.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
advice, product combinations, ticket sales