The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:42 AM
Webpartner

single product widget and product browser communication

So on my site: carefreeorganics.com (username and password: test)

I have added products to pages via single widgets. When I am them to bag and click open bag I go to the checkout page, which is the product browser on its own html page. The issue is that the shipping and tax information has not updated, only the items cost. Thus when I click checkout I get the error: user has changed something about product and then it reloads itself. Any way around this? This does not happen when I use the product browser alone but I am not sure I can keep my same format if I do that.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:12 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by contact360 View Post
So on my site: carefreeorganics.com (username and password: test)

I have added products to pages via single widgets. When I am them to bag and click open bag I go to the checkout page, which is the product browser on its own html page. The issue is that the shipping and tax information has not updated, only the items cost. Thus when I click checkout I get the error: user has changed something about product and then it reloads itself. Any way around this? This does not happen when I use the product browser alone but I am not sure I can keep my same format if I do that.
Hello,

Such an error message appear when the store administrator changes something in the store settings or products information when a customer is checking out. I believe, the same thing happened in your case: when testing, you most likely changed something in your control panel. So it isn't anyhow related to the way you integrate Ecwid widgets (single product codes) or to the the way tax/shipping cost display in the cart. As to the shipping and tax rates, they are updated when customer location is detected or when customer themselves put their address at checkout.

I've inspected your site and tried to add products to the cart and proceed with the checkout - as far as I can see, everything works fine, there hasn't been any error message.

Please try it again. If the issue persists, then please detail what exactly the error message says and how I can reproduce it (what product I should add to the cart, what actions I should do next etc). Thank you.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 02-14-2013, 12:52 PM
Webpartner

I am still getting the error. I have added 4 screenshots which walk through the process and I have tested this on 3 different browsers on my computer as well as my ipad with the same error. Uesrname and password are test.

Image 1 - nothing in bag
Image 2 - add product to bag
Image 3- click open bag and notice shipping and tax not calculated
IMage 4 - press checkout and now tax/shipping calculated with error.

http://carefreeorganics.com/1.png
http://carefreeorganics.com/2.png
http://carefreeorganics.com/3.png
http://carefreeorganics.com/4.png

Last edited by Makfruit; 02-18-2013 at 09:25 AM.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:54 PM
Ecwid Team

So, when you tested it, you didn't change anything in control panel, did you?

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 02-14-2013, 02:06 PM
Webpartner

No, nothing changed. Just those steps in that order. I havent changed anything since I encountered the error. I am trying to think through what could be causing it, its almost as if going to checkout doesnt update but the price is updated, just not the tax/shipping.

Edit, nevermind, this did not solve the problem.

So I tried clearing the cache and such. When I added items it worked, until I tried to leave the cart to add another item then it was back to the same error. I cleared the cart and added another with same error again. Its just like the cart is not updating when I go to checkout.

Just another update on this...still getting the error but I now know its on the product browser page (carefreeorganics.com/checkout.html).

When I get rid of the code that takes the user to the product browser and pop up product bag opens, it updates the cart and works fine. When I add the code to go to the product bag, it does not update.

I created a test folder with none of my code, only ecwid's code, and the communication error is still happening there. Try adding a few items, then removing a few, and playing around with the cart. It breaks in 1 second. I did this just to make sure I didnt have some weird script stopping it from updating. The cart just will not update and gives me the error.

http://carefreeorganics.com/ecwid

I am really racking my brain here and trying every single thing with no success.

When I use the HTML widgets by themselves, everything works. For instance using only the product browser widget works just fine. Or just using the HTML individual products by themselves works just fine. When I try to use them together the product browser widget is not updating itself. It will the first time I try it if I clear my cache, then it will break immediately afterwards.

If anyone can figure out this issue I would be most grateful

Last edited by Makfruit; 02-18-2013 at 09:14 AM.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:39 PM

This is a new account that I opened to test this error using a fresh account and new server. I did not make any changes in ecwid, just copied and pasted a few products html and then sent them to a checkout page which had the product browser widget. Got the exact same error.

Both the product browser widget and single HTML pop up checkout work fine by themselves but I cannot use the HTML widget and product browser widget with them both.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:24 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
No, nothing changed. Just those steps in that order. I havent changed anything since I encountered the error. I am trying to think through what could be causing it, its almost as if going to checkout doesnt update but the price is updated, just not the tax/shipping.

Edit, nevermind, this did not solve the problem.

So I tried clearing the cache and such. When I added items it worked, until I tried to leave the cart to add another item then it was back to the same error. I cleared the cart and added another with same error again. Its just like the cart is not updating when I go to checkout.

Just another update on this...still getting the error but I now know its on the product browser page (carefreeorganics.com/checkout.html).

When I get rid of the code that takes the user to the product browser and pop up product bag opens, it updates the cart and works fine. When I add the code to go to the product bag, it does not update.

I created a test folder with none of my code, only ecwid's code, and the communication error is still happening there. Try adding a few items, then removing a few, and playing around with the cart. It breaks in 1 second. I did this just to make sure I didnt have some weird script stopping it from updating. The cart just will not update and gives me the error.

http://carefreeorganics.com/ecwid

I am really racking my brain here and trying every single thing with no success.

When I use the HTML widgets by themselves, everything works. For instance using only the product browser widget works just fine. Or just using the HTML individual products by themselves works just fine. When I try to use them together the product browser widget is not updating itself. It will the first time I try it if I clear my cache, then it will break immediately afterwards.

If anyone can figure out this issue I would be most grateful
Thank you for the provided details and sorry for the delay.

I finally managed to reproduce the issue myself. It indeed is related to the interaction between single product widgets and product browser. You are right.

I've reported this issue to our engineers. They will investigate it and provide me with the updates as soon as possible. I will keep you posted.

Meanwhile, as a workaround, you can use the product browser only (without single product widgets). In order to make the sidebar navigation items on your site linked to the corresponding categories of your store you can consider one of the following solutions:
1) Use the direct categories links there instead of separate pages.
For example, this link leads to your 'Body' category within the product browser:
http://carefreeorganics.com/checkout...=0&sort=normal
This one is for the 'Face':
http://carefreeorganics.com/checkout...=0&sort=normal

As you see, they both belong to the same checkout.html page. More details on how to link to particular category:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/23947954/...0or%20category

2) Use separate product browsers on the separate Body and Face pages and configure the defaultCategory options for them. More details:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853258/...duct%20browser

Please let me know if you need any assistance with those solutions.

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 02-18-2013, 12:13 PM
Webpartner

Thanks for looking into this. I was going crazy trying to figure out what was causing the error. Definitely keep me updated on the issue.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:31 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Thanks for looking into this. I was going crazy trying to figure out what was causing the error. Definitely keep me updated on the issue.
Hi,

We have fixed the issue discussed here. Now everything should work fine.

Please let us know if you have any question.

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Ecwid For This Useful Post:
Archer.Seating (03-14-2014)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.