The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 01-19-2015, 02:44 AM

Code for embedded products altered when editing WordPress blog posts

I often embed individual products from ecwid on my WordPress blog posts, scheduled to be published on a later date. As long as putting the code for the embedded product is the very last thing I do before saving, I have no problems. However, if I happen to notice an error anywhere in my scheduled blog post before it is published and I go back in to edit it, it seems to lose part of the code for the products, even if that is not the part I'm editing. If I go in to edit anything at all, I have to delete the code for my products, and copy and paste the embedded code all over again. What am I doing wrong? I can't believe that's how it is supposed to work. [Maureen Baugh for Lezlie]
Old 01-19-2015, 10:06 AM

You're doing nothing wrong, it is an "error" frequently occurring with blog platforms. The only thing you can do is copy/paste the code again. I'm having the same trouble with Typepad
This error has nothing to do with Ecwid, I have the same problem with other codes
Clara K (01-20-2015), Sergio87 (01-19-2015)
Old 03-07-2015, 11:23 PM

Thank you.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:56 AM

Instead of using the super long embedding code, try this:

[ecwid_product id="3333333"]

where "3333333" is the product id.

When you look at the long code you will see where the product id is identified. For example "<div class="ecwid ecwid-SingleProduct ecwid-Product ecwid-Product-3333333" "
The Following User Says Thank You to Monica Levin For This Useful Post:
Sergio87 (05-20-2015)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
code lost, embed product, wordpress